Are members STILL ashamed of where they live? by Rammie (Page 3 of 5)

Zeb
VERY. :D I have even updated my location to be in a position to help members out who have a passport and venture into these far-flung lands... :?

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 22:32 #41 

Rammie
because i cant get a picture small enough to put as my avatar (mainly down to lack of persistance and know how) i feel i have to write something here to pad my post out so im not overlooked, so here goes:

Try this Reece: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=871

Or am I too Close!!!
Brian

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 22:39 #42 

Rammie
RRobson wrote:
Zeb wrote:
Btw...'even a county'? You SEEN the size of Lincolnshire? :shock:

tbh, i hadnt, so if i could make an amend ment

even a county is fine, unless you are fron linconshire, could you be a little more specific please

happy? :)

You could always try Lindsey / Kesteven / Holland, maybe? :roll:
Brian

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 22:43 #43 

RRobson
Yertiz wrote:
Try this Reece: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=871

Or am I too Close!!!

i knew you wouldnt be able to resist :mrgreen: i will eventually get round to doing it :roll:
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 22:50 #44 

Rammie
:lol: :lol: How true!
Brian

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 22:56 #45 

RRobson
Yertiz wrote::lol: :lol: How true!

what did you do to read it, just zoom in? i wonder how many people will get right up to their moniter to work it out :lol:

back on subject anyway, holland may be a big place but due to its location, i cant see too many people owning 75/zt's in the first place, let alone finding this forum. as for the uk, you have no excuses :mrgreen:

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 23:01 #46 

Zeb
There is a Holland in Lincolnshire...... ;) :lol:

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 23:03 #47 

RRobson
Zeb wrote:There is a Holland in Lincolnshire...... ;) :lol:

there is? :oops: :em: :em: :em:
in that case, holland if fine :mrgreen: you can tell i didnt do geography in school :roll:

if we're quick, and put a couple more posts in, no-one else will be any the wiser :D

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 23:07 #48 

Rammie
I will be!
Brian

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 23:08 #49 

RRobson
Yertiz wrote:I will be!

thats perfect, a couple more like that and i think i will be ok :lol:

and its ok that you know, after all, you do sit fairly close to your moniter :stirer: :gmc:

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 23:14 #50 

Rammie
RRobson wrote:
Yertiz wrote:I will be!

thats perfect, a couple more like that and i think i will be ok :lol:

and its ok that you know, after all, you do sit fairly close to your moniter :stirer: :gmc:

He, he, very good! Here's another for you :lol:

Having gone down the list of postings on this thread alone we seem to be getting there, apart from the W. Mids? No problem stating where they are but seem to have a problem changing their profiles. :oops: ;)

On some other forums you have the ability to search the members list by location, which can narrow it down but I'm not sure we have that facility on here? :confused:
Brian

Posted 29 Jun 2010, 07:01 #51 

James.uk
It would have helped a lot if Colin had turned the lights on before he took that photo.. D'ohhh :rolling: :ugeek:

Posted 29 Jun 2010, 15:30 #52 

RRobson
Yertiz wrote:
Having gone down the list of postings on this thread alone we seem to be getting there, apart from the W. Mids? No problem stating where they are but seem to have a problem changing their profiles. :oops: ;)

On some other forums you have the ability to search the members list by location, which can narrow it down but I'm not sure we have that facility on here? :confused:

i dont like to name names, but 'ahem' 1gp and carlpenn, a little updating is required on your profile, seeing as though you were so specific in your post :mrgreen: ;)

as for members updating, i think it may be more to do with the fact that most of the posts on this thread are by me, you and zeb, so scroling through you will see that we all have or location updated :D
most other people seem to have done it who have posted though ;) as for the search, i think it would be helpful, but wether it would be necessary is another question. after all, if someone asks help, and their location is on their profile, a member who is near by would be able to offer their services if required and close enough. they can instantly see that already. i can also understand using it to find members near by, but im sure most people know who are near by anyway? i do and everyone is miles away anyway :roll:

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 29 Jun 2010, 18:53 #53 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Some more members details search fields will appear, location being one of them. The big empty space in the search is where such useless articles as Jabber, AIM, MSN were but have been removed to make way for other more useful search parameters.
It's quite complicated and will tax the brain of the little mouse that runs around playing php while we aren't looking. :). It's been on the list for a while so needs to be ticked off one way or the other.

Posted 29 Jun 2010, 19:21 #54 

geesmith
There's a big empty space in my office that occasionally fills with Jabber! Life imitating computing....except the Jabber is generally Aimless. I digress :gmc:

Posted 29 Jun 2010, 21:47 #55 

Rammie
Yertiz wrote:I only mention this as there seems to be a reluctance for members to put their locations on their profiles :?:

Why do I ask, I hear you say!

Well, in time's of trouble it would be good to know where your nearest member, (no jokes please), is so that they could assist, maybe?

I appreciate that maybe members prefer their anonimity but I just think it could help someone in the long term and yes, I know you could ask for help on the forum but it's only an observation. :stirer:

At the risk of opening up this old chestnut, tonight I have had a count up and of the 319 registered, 102 have actually put some sort of location! :confused:
Yes, I know, you would think I would have something better to do, but Emmerdale is on & no footy :oops:
Now I know that there is no regulation that states members must put a location. SO if this is the case why not put it on anyway? :rolling: :thumbsup:
Brian

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 19:29 #56 

geesmith
A very pertinent query...we've already ascertained that the universe has more than one armpit so there's nothing to lose....

I've put my approximate location and the internet hasn't tried cimbing in my window.... and, exactly - you don't have to so why don't you!

If I see a bush driving down the road I'll suspct it's one of the unlocated members. :stirer:

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 19:58 #57 

Rammie
Sounds good to me, but then, as the OP I suppose it would, wouldn't it? :gmc:

I find it mind blowing that people will happily state where they are in a post BUT still not update their profile :confused:

This doesn't seem to be a problem on "other" sites :!: :roll:
Brian

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 20:02 #58 

Rammie
geesmith wrote:A very pertinent query...we've already ascertained that the universe has more than one armpit so there's nothing to lose....

I've put my approximate location and the internet hasn't tried cimbing in my window.... and, exactly - you don't have to so why don't you!

If I see a bush driving down the road I'll suspct it's one of the unlocated members. :stirer:

What you doing on here? i thought it was your birthday today? ;)

Oh, Happy Birthday Image
Brian

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 20:12 #59 

MrB
RRobson wrote:
Yertiz wrote::lol: :lol: How true!

what did you do to read it, just zoom in? i wonder how many people will get right up to their moniter to work it out :lol:

back on subject anyway, holland may be a big place but due to its location, i cant see too many people owning 75/zt's in the first place, let alone finding this forum. as for the uk, you have no excuses :mrgreen:

LOL Ctrl & + or roll your mouse wheel

Thought was a nice touch myself :clap:
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 21:22 #60