Are members STILL ashamed of where they live? by Rammie (Page 2 of 5)

1gp
Yertiz wrote:I only mention this as there seems to be a reluctance for members to put their locations on their profiles :?:

Why do I ask, I hear you say!

Well, in time's of trouble it would be good to know where your nearest member, (no jokes please), is so that they could assist, maybe?

I appreciate that maybe members prefer their anonimity but I just think it could help someone in the long term and yes, I know you could ask for help on the forum but it's only an observation. :stirer:

i live langley mill a610 just up from ikea. if you ever need a hand let me know. :cheers:

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 10:32 #21 

Rammie
Cheers Jim, I may possibly take you up on that as I could use some advise about my paintwork.

Coals to Newcastle & all that. ;)
Brian

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 10:59 #22 

Zeb
Actually..having checked on a map...I live closer to the Lincolnshire Wolds than I do Skegness.....so now I have no shame... :D

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 14:31 #23 

Bernard
Zeb wrote:Actually..having checked on a map...I live closer to the Lincolnshire Wolds than I do Skegness.....so now I have no shame... :D

I'm glad that you've found out where you live, should help you find your way home. :lol:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 16:01 #24 

baggie9
I come from West Bromwich in the blackcountry,but moved to Tipton 3 miles away when i got married.Proud of where i'm from and live.

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 20:34 #25 

Zeb
Bernard wrote:
Zeb wrote:Actually..having checked on a map...I live closer to the Lincolnshire Wolds than I do Skegness.....so now I have no shame... :D

I'm glad that you've found out where you live, should help you find your way home. :lol:

Mick said if I behave meself they might let me out to go home circa 2015.... :confused:

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 20:38 #26 

Messenger
No secret, just ashamed :mrgreen:

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 21:28 #27 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Mick said if I behave meself they might let me out to go home circa 2015.... :confused:

Nearer 21.30 you'll have to wait until the football is finished.

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 21:40 #28 

timbo.p6
i live in the place where all the great trains where once made

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 00:55 #29 

Last edited by timbo.p6 on 29 Jun 2010, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

kevin
JohnDotCom wrote:
I thought I was very specific?

As am I.
But most know that I am generally in:
North Wales, Llandudno, Towyn, Rhyl, Manchester, Birmingham, East Midlands, Luton, Stanstead, Gatwick, Heathrow, Amsterdam, Paris, New York, LA, Washington, Seattle................... :gmc: :panic:

why not just repair it the frist time, save going all over the place to do it again. ;) :gmc:

Posted 27 Jun 2010, 07:58 #30 

geesmith
Mick wrote:
Zeb wrote:
Bernard wrote:

Nearer 21.30 you'll have to wait until the football is finished.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 21:27 #31 

Zeb
REAL punishment that was..... :cry:

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 21:37 #32 

carlpenn
baggie9 wrote:I come from West Bromwich in the blackcountry,but moved to Tipton 3 miles away when i got married.Proud of where i'm from and live.

I am in Bilston which is next door to Tipton......

Not ashamed to live here, being a Northerner it is a lot different to what I am used to - But anyone who kows anything about my last 3 years experiences will know why I am ashamed of where I did live !! lol..........

I like this part of the MIdlands, I lived for 5 years in Wednesbury where the majority of People I met where pleasant :D In fact most people I have met in the Midlands are great - If only I could get my Head round the accent lol....... ;)
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 21:39 #33 

Rammie
carlpenn wrote: If only I could get my Head round the accent lol....... ;)

What, yam saying?

I worked for a tool Company based in Wednesbury for 10 years, even after that time I still had difficulty with the lingo, nice people though! :thumbsup:

tarrah a bit :gmc:
Brian

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 21:48 #34 

RRobson
if i could be so bold, wasnt the purpose of this thread to get people to put their locations below their avatars? no good just saying where you live, you need your location on your profile :mrgreen:
how are we all goin to remember where you live ;)

and zeb, skeggy is luxury compared to the deepest darkest parts or rotherham (geesmith will know exactly where i mean :D )
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 21:56 #35 

Rammie
RRobson wrote:if i could be so bold, wasnt the purpose of this thread to get people to put their locations below their avatars? no good just saying where you live, you need your location on your profile :mrgreen:

and zeb, skeggy is luxury compared to the deepest darkest parts or rotherham (geesmith will know exactly where i mean :D )

:iagree: Image

I have already forgotten where people are and certainly don't want to keep reading this thread to find out, even a County would be something if people are worried about security issues? :confused:
Brian

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 22:09 #36 

RRobson
yes, even a county would be perfectly adequate. its more for the benifit of each individual member. i may also be a case of a little lack of knowledge, as many people who have been quite specific about their location still havent updated their profile. wheres mick with one of his how-to's? :ugeek: :mrgreen:

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 22:18 #37 

Zeb
RRobson wrote:if i could be so bold, wasnt the purpose of this thread to get people to put their locations below their avatars? no good just saying where you live, you need your location on your profile :mrgreen:

I used to have a girlfriend from Rotherham when I lived in Sheffield......so I have seen the deepest darkest bits.... :D But no, you are probably right...problem is all the Notts / Derby / Sheffield / Rotherhamites come over here in the summer.. :oops: :D ..I LOVE Skeg in the winter.... :lol:

Btw...'even a county'? You SEEN the size of Lincolnshire? :shock:

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 22:23 #38 

Rammie
I lived just outside Lincoln in my teens and sowed many a wild oat in Skeggy, ah, the memories!
Believe me, it is just a memory now, :hissyfit:
Brian

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 22:26 #39 

RRobson
Zeb wrote:
I used to have a girlfriend from Rotherham when I lived in Sheffield......so I have seen the deepest darkest bits.... :D But no, you are probably right...problem is all the Notts / Derby / Sheffield / Rotherhamites come over here in the summer.. :oops: :D ..I LOVE Skeg in the winter.... :lol:

Btw...'even a county'? You SEEN the size of Lincolnshire? :shock:

tbh, i hadnt, so if i could make an amend ment

even a county is fine, unless you are fron linconshire, could you be a little more specific please

happy? :)

Injector removal tool
Vis tester

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 22:29 #40