Architectural Plans for Existing Buildings by Mad-Monkey

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Mad-Monkey
I think I already know the answer to this, which would be "no", but, is it possible to obtain drawings/plans for existing buildings? Say for example if I wanted to make a scale model of Big Ben, can I get the plans from somewhere?

I imagine the answer to be no because of terror threats. So are the people who make models a) super talented b) have inside information or c) both ?

Posted 06 Jul 2011, 09:56 #1 

Tourerfogey
Google image search of 'Big Ben Floor Plan' and 'Houses of Parliament Floor Plan' worked for me . . .

Posted 06 Jul 2011, 14:56 #2 

James.uk
I don't see why not. I imagine the local councill office would be able to give you info on where to obtain said plans.. :)

Posted 06 Jul 2011, 14:57 #3 

Mad-Monkey
Tourerfogey wrote:Google image search of 'Big Ben Floor Plan' and 'Houses of Parliament Floor Plan' worked for me . . .

That brings up some nice images useful for maps, but nothing for working out measurements. The one possible usable image is a photograph of a folded plan so not usable.

Posted 06 Jul 2011, 16:33 #4 

Mad-Monkey
James.uk wrote:I don't see why not. I imagine the local councill office would be able to give you info on where to obtain said plans.. :)

I shall give it a go! Thanks

Posted 06 Jul 2011, 16:36 #5