Apple chief confirms new iPhone by JohnDotCom

JohnDotCom
Apple chief confirms new iPhone

Apple has confirmed the launch of the next generation iPhone, saying it will have a clearer screen and be noticeably thinner than previous incarnations.
CEO Steve Jobs kicked off Apple's annual conference for software developers by revealing the new iPhone 4 will be released June 24 and will cost $199 or $299 in US £399 or £569 in UK, depending on the capacity.

The newest model is called iPhone 4 and is less than 10mm thick - around 2mm thinner than the previous iPhone, released last year.

The device has a higher-resolution screen and a front-facing camera, which could be used for videoconferencing, in addition to one on the back and is constructed out of metal.

It can also shoot high-definition video, catching up to some other smart phones.

New applications for the device include the popular game Farmville and one from Netflix that lets people watch streaming video where they left off on a PC.

Jobs called it "the biggest leap since the original iPhone", but the launch did not quite go as smoothly as planned.

Jobs was thwarted in his attempt to show off how clearly the newest iPhone displays web pages, apparently because too many computers were clogging the wireless network at the conference.

Jobs tried three times during his keynote to do a side-by-side comparison of the iPhone 4's screen resolution versus its predecessor's by trying to call up The New York Times' web page, but it wouldn't load because there were too many devices on the conference's Wi-Fi network.

Some experts are saying that the sales of the new phone could be damaged by even more strict limitations of use by Apple.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 22:55 #1 

Tazman3
Thought that was really funny...the fact he couldnt get a wifi connection.

The video calling function was a great idea until i found out that its only between Iphone 4 and using Wifi only seem to defeat the purpose of having the function.

I myself use the 3GS at the moment but not sure im going to rush out and get this may just wait till an upgrade is offered..

Martin

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 12:23 #2 

kandyman
i am using the iphon 3g and my contract ran out about 2 months ago and i have been waiting for the 4g to come out :ugeek:

i have heard that it comes out on the 24th June but you can pre order from the 15th June.

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 13:26 #3 

JohnDotCom
Additional info is the shell is Stainless steel.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 13:48 #4 

Fille
Stainless steel will match the silver car quite well ;)
2001 Rover 75 Tourer Connoisseur A - 1990 Citroën XM - 2005 Citroën C3 - 1973 Morris Marina 1,3 Coupé - 1973 Morris Marina 1,8 TC Coupé - 1986 Honda Civic (Rover 216 ;))

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 14:37 #5 

kandyman
JohnDotCom wrote:Additional info is the shell is Stainless steel.

Yes i knew that :Tongue:

they must of done this due to the amout of cracks they had by the docking connector.

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 15:22 #6 

Tazman3
Its to do with it being thinner i heard it helps keep the structural integrity of the phone or something like that here the link to Apple

http://www.apple.com/iphone/design/

Martin

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 15:34 #7