Anyone selling a tent? by Duncan

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Duncan
Not quite sure whether to buy one, as I'm not sure what to do at the July Nano. I have a smallish tent already, but if I stay fancy a bit more comfort than crawling into a small tent.

Was prompted by seeing a larger tent for sale locally, that seems to be sold now. Seen a few on fleabay too and some have a decent area for sitting / talking if you don't use all the bedroom sections.

So, anyone selling something? Not promising to buy anything yet, but let me know if you do have something to sell.

Posted 01 Jun 2011, 16:50 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
If all else fails, halfords have some cheap deals on. This one for example.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_236903

Posted 01 Jun 2011, 18:22 #2 

Duncan
Thanks for the link, Mick.

Having done some digging, no need to buy a big one, Outwell do a 3 man that still has standing height and a sitting area. Just need one to come up at a decent price.

Posted 03 Jun 2011, 21:07 #3 

raistlin
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 Jun 2011, 21:46 #4 

Duncan
Thanks, hadn't spotted that model, but very similar design. Added to my watch list, ta.

Posted 04 Jun 2011, 08:48 #5 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Duncan
Are these any good :confused:
http://tinyurl.com/6ghpvuh
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 06 Jun 2011, 04:26 #6 

Duncan
Thanks for that link. Not heard of this brand, but might find out more about them.

So far, favouring Outwell or Vango. I know Vango of old, and still have a Mk3, however that's a crawl in and out tent so not what I'm after!

Posted 06 Jun 2011, 12:19 #7 

zt rob
If your still struggling for a tent i have a wynnster raven 8 its fully sewn in ground sheet and will sleep 8 comfortably. we used it once last year before the wife got taken ill with cancer and we will never camp again so im willing to let it go for £100 we paid £200 for it a also have a complete camping set up if anyones after any bits and pices for camping i have have a newly built tralier

Posted 07 Jun 2011, 12:52 #8 

Duncan
Thanks, but secured one on the bay of fleas last evening, and sorry about the circumstance that sees you wanting to sell. Gone for a sunncamp elan 200. I would have been tempted by your Wynnster if that hadn't happened.

I have some camping stuff from my youth, plus we do have a 'van, though we can't use it as it takes two to maneouvre it and my wife has had shoulder surgery recently. However there will be some bits and pieces that might be useful, and as others on here also tend to stay over at some events, it might be worth your listing them in the 'for sale' section.

Posted 07 Jun 2011, 18:17 #9 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:I have some camping stuff from my youth, plus we do have a 'van, though we can't use it as it takes two to maneouvre it

If that's all that is stopping you using the c@ravan Duncan, I'll come over and hitch it up with you and also assist when you take it home.
Paul

Posted 07 Jun 2011, 18:26 #10 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:
Duncan wrote:I have some camping stuff from my youth, plus we do have a 'van, though we can't use it as it takes two to maneouvre it

If that's all that is stopping you using the c@ravan Duncan, I'll come over and hitch it up with you and also assist when you take it home.

Thanks for the offer, but it requires a few maneouvres. Need to get it out of the storage shed and on to the drive to prepare it, then rehitch for the Nano, and so on. If I knew it were ready to go, I'd take you up on the offer!

Posted 07 Jun 2011, 19:54 #11 

raistlin
The offer is there regardless Duncan. If you want to get the van to your drive prior to the meet, then happy to pop over and assist as well.
Paul

Posted 07 Jun 2011, 20:02 #12 

zt rob
If anyone is short of any camping chairs (new never used) camping larder (new) assorted new lights i have 2 x new coleman hampton double sleeping bags very warm, 12v cooler box, and 10amp electric hook up with 3 sockets available

Posted 07 Jun 2011, 23:48 #13 

Duncan
zt rob wrote:If anyone is short of any camping chairs (new never used) camping larder (new) assorted new lights i have 2 x new coleman hampton double sleeping bags very warm, 12v cooler box, and 10amp electric hook up with 3 sockets available

Not sure how local you are, but are you coming to the Nano?

Could you tell me how much you want for the hook up, and a few details on the cooler box?

Posted 09 Jun 2011, 21:32 #14 

zt rob
Yes i shall be popping down to the nano meet, i live around 8 miles away. the electric hook up as a standard blue site plug i think its around 25feet of cable and a trip out box with 3 3 pin sockets looking at £25, the cooler box runs off 12v cigarette lighter style socket its 26 litre i think but cant remember off hand, looking at £15 if you require a transformer to run the cool box off the mains i have a camping gaz one £10

Posted 09 Jun 2011, 23:06 #15 

Duncan
Sorry for not replying sooner. I'll have the hook up from you (if my delay doesn't mean you've sold it), it will be perfect for using with my generator which has the blue socket. See you at the Nano to sort out?

Posted 20 Jun 2011, 20:02 #16