Great news, glad you managed without having to resort to the drill.
Did you manage the bottom mount too?
Russ was so chuffed when it moved. First hit peeled that lug we had been using before like a banana, so I hit down into the same area to make a notch and then tried again. Gave a couple of good solid hits and it moved, a tiny amount, so little that I thought it was just my imagination. Another good solid tap and it definitely moved, the collar moved with it. There are no pins locating it, just a little notch in the base to locate it against the edge of the rail. I took lots of pics. Putting it back together was a pain, is a definite order you have to do it in and I had to keep taking bits back off and putting back on again. It's all together nice and tight now.
Bottom mount took longer to set up the axel stands etc that it did to change. It has a long crack all the way through one section of the rubber, but actually seems OK. As I had the part I replaced it anyway.
Now just need to bleed the clutch to get it drivable.
Will probably see if I can get the front bumper off next weekend and sort all of the problems out behind it such as the losse power steering pipes, outside temp sensor, passenger side indicator and the radiator fan.