Another Rover 800 by Dave

Dave
Spotted this nice looking Rover 800 on Pistonheads last night

Good colour, nice interior, cheap enough to be worth a punt, but...... I don't think I'd want to risk buying any car with no MOT!

:-(

Posted 15 Jun 2011, 07:05 #1 

JakeWilson
I wouldn't have the lack of MOT put you off, would definitely recommend a viewing however - if a car is a baddun, you can normally tell by poking your nose around it a little.

An alternative would be to get an AA inspection of the likes. It certainly doesn't look like a baddun. I wonder whether we will see an increase in cars for sale without any tax or MOT due to the new (and IMO rediculous)insurance rules.

Posted 15 Jun 2011, 08:52 #2 

PaulT
JakeWilson wrote:I wouldn't have the lack of MOT put you off, would definitely recommend a viewing however - if a car is a baddun, you can normally tell by poking your nose around it a little.

An alternative would be to get an AA inspection of the likes. It certainly doesn't look like a baddun. I wonder whether we will see an increase in cars for sale without any tax or MOT due to the new (and IMO rediculous)insurance rules.

No hassle with insurance - provided you have SORN'd the vehicle...i.e. you have told the authorities you will not be taking the vehicle on the road so do not need insurance.

Looks very nice - especially the interior. Sounds as though you need to tread carefully with the brakes, could be some expense there.

Always amazes me how much people can tell you about how the car drives having siad they have hardly driven it.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 15 Jun 2011, 10:54 #3