Another knocking sound! by Dallas

Dallas
Does anyone have any suggestions......
Yes! I have another knocking from under the car, thought I heard it the other day and today I really did hear it again :gmc: its the same sort of sound that I had when the N/S Drop-Link needed replacing in November last year.

The O/S was also replaced last April for its MOT and I think the knocking sound is coming from the O/S area, so has it gone again or is it another part that needs replacing ? :panic:

I have never known a car that suffers from so many knocking sounds, not had it 2 years yet.

Posted 02 Feb 2011, 22:22 #1 

takestock
All depends on the quality of the parts used I'm afraid, too many garages fit the cheapest option :(

However
Possible causes of knocking from front end, (in my experience)

Drop links (Very common)
Void Bushes( Very common)
Anti rollbar rubbers (have been known)
Strut top assy ( have been known to cause knocking)
Lower arm/ball joint (Fairly common)
Track rod end ( not so often)
Steering rack ( few and far between)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Feb 2011, 07:53 #2 

Dallas
Thanks Dave :D

She's going in Saturday morning to see whats the cause, if its one of the drop links again then they should be both covered under warranty I'm sure....... :stirer: we will see.

Driving here today, the knock is not always present (only on really bumpy roads) sometimes the knock seems to go along the drivers side to the rear............. quite strange....

Thanks again for your reply, don't look like I got any replies from the other site :confused: I thought we all help one another as this is why I joined, I might as well not have a 75....... :o

Posted 03 Feb 2011, 21:56 #3 

takestock
Dallas wrote: I might as well not have a 75....... :o

Go wash your mouth out with soap you naughty boy :D.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Feb 2011, 22:07 #4 

Dallas
:lol: :oops: :hail:

Did I just type that Dave!

Sorry!

Posted 03 Feb 2011, 22:09 #5 

takestock
:D :D :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Feb 2011, 22:33 #6 

Dallas
Well! just to let you all know :roll: but you wouldn't believe it! ............the knocking was the N/S Drop Link again :o it was only replaced in November 2010 (the 9th to be precise), the part only lasted 3 months :o

Its in early next week to have it replaced at no cost to myself, which was nice to hear for once. The garage is going to use a different supplier and obviously put in a claim for the failed part and the labor lost etc.

I will try and get the brand of the failed poor quality component if I'm able too, it just maybe a faulty defected one if truth be know....... :rolling: who knows......

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 21:33 #7 

takestock
mine were FIA, glad it's a aimple fix though. Tell them to use Xpart :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 21:38 #8