Am I happy? by Zeb

Zeb
Just had to retax the V8 for 6 months as the V6 has not had the clutch done yet and I need transport...so now I am FORCED to drive the V8 until I can afford to fix the V6....except that might take a bit longer now... :shock:

AND!

What is REALLY depressing is that I drove like a snail down to Gosport and back recently in the V8 and I only got the same mpg as Martin driving like a looney to Lincolnshire and back in his supercharged V8...sometimes life just aint fair! :lol:

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 18:48 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
You might be just as well keeping the speed up but revs down through the gears. Unless that is what you meant.

In my V6 I get slightly better mpg on a motorway run at 75-80 than I do 60-65 It is Auto which may have some bearing on this. Dog knows what though. :)

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 19:14 #2 

Zeb
Mick wrote:You might be just as well keeping the speed up but revs down through the gears. Unless that is what you meant.

In my V6 I get slightly better mpg on a motorway run at 75-80 than I do 60-65 It is Auto which may have some bearing on this. Dog knows what though. :)

You could very well be right...but Friday night traffic dictated a 50-60 mph speed anyhow...SUCH a waste! :roll:

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 19:17 #3 

Ragman
If you're getting more than 20mpg you're not trying hard enough :lol:

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 20:48 #4 

Zeb
Ragman wrote:If you're getting more than 20mpg you're not trying hard enough :lol:

278 miles before the fuel light came on....haven't worked it out....but thought it was good..until Martin got the same AND had a fun drive... :?

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 21:04 #5 

Ragman
278 is good, I work on about 200 a tank

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 21:34 #6 

JohnDotCom
I work on 580 to 620 miles to the tank........ Oh this isn't the Diesel thread.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 21:44 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
JohnDotCom wrote:I work on 580 to 620 miles to the tank........ Oh this isn't the Diesel thread.

Who let you in here? :whump:

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 21:55 #8 

Ragman
JohnDotCom wrote:I work on 580 to 620 miles to the tank........ Oh this isn't the Diesel thread.

No it's not - now where's the nearest petrol station

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 23:31 #9 

James.uk
Coming up from down South on a Friday is lunacy, the North bound M6 is becoming a car park from B/ham onward.. I won't do it anymore, I now come back on a Thusday or travel Friday night... :confused:

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 23:34 #10 

JakeWilson
Zeb wrote:
Ragman wrote:If you're getting more than 20mpg you're not trying hard enough :lol:

278 miles before the fuel light came on....haven't worked it out....but thought it was good..until Martin got the same AND had a fun drive... :?

Martin told me he got 245 before the light came on.....

Was a really fun drive to Newark too..... I am still grinning now!

J

Posted 30 Jan 2011, 23:35 #11 

Martin
JakeWilson wrote:
Zeb wrote:

J

Hi Jake,

Sorry if i gave you that impression of 245 it was infact 279.8 to be absolutely correct I think that was the mileage when I dropped you off and said I might have to get some fuel BUT no made it home on the one tank will check my text's though may have made an errroooorrrrr :mrgreen:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 31 Jan 2011, 08:48 #12 

Martin
JakeWilson wrote:
Zeb wrote:

J

Hi apologies all my eagerness and excitement made me make some fundamental errors :em: :em: Guessing what I had written and NOT checking it :o

So Sorry Jake you were right the figure for the light coming on was NOT 280 miles or even 279.8 that was the home mileage before filling the tank back up.

Sorry also to Zeb who was thinking things were better than they seemed :em: :em:

I have now found the scribblings and the average MPG top to top for the run is 25.80 however as this figure is now under some doubt I shall be forced to repeat the journey again :o :lol:

So Zeb stand by for invaders................. :thumbsup:

Moral: DO YOU HOME WORK PROPERLY AND DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING :oops:

Posted 03 Feb 2011, 13:36 #13 

JakeWilson
No it's my fault Martin, you did say 270.

But you're right though - you will have to come over again!

J

Posted 03 Feb 2011, 16:01 #14 

stevemac
I get 550 miles from my tank(s), and it's a auto 1.8 turbo. :mrgreen:
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 03 Feb 2011, 16:18 #15 

Martin
stevemac wrote:I get 550 miles from my tank(s), and it's a auto 1.8 turbo. :mrgreen:

Ah yes but 418bhp and 475ft lbs of torque tends to make up a little for the lost economy and of course then there's the sound :thumbsup: and the look on the BMW's /Audi drivers who think that she is standard now that is priceless :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted 03 Feb 2011, 16:45 #16 

TyphoonTT
I've done 2 brim checks on mine. First 22 mpg, second 23mpg. Can't get more than 300 miles out of my V6 tank. :gmc:

Posted 04 Feb 2011, 23:02 #17 

SpongeBob
What you need Ben is a nice long motorway journey ;) That'll get your MPG up into the top 30's (if you're lucky). I think I once got well into the 300's, maybe even mid 300's out of my old ZT 160 on a long motorway-esque run.

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 00:13 #18 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I get 360 from brim to low petrol indicator most times, I have on occasion run to 400 and still had as much as 4 litres left in tank. Theoretically I should get less than a 190.

Posted 05 Feb 2011, 00:45 #19