Alloy wheel colour by kandyman

kandyman
Evening all,

One of the things im looking to get done overvthe next few months is to get my wheels refurbished, theses are star spoke's and should be finshed in liquid silver code MBS, I have seen a couple of other wheels which I think have been done in shadow silver and look ok.

I wad wondering if anyone had has there wheels done in this colour or have an option in getting them done in this colour.

Thanks

Posted 15 Apr 2013, 17:11 #1 

JakeWilson
When I get the Vortex's done I'll go for Liquid silver, probably at BJV Engineering at Hemmel. The shadow chrome finish on the ZTs looks good, but if you've chrome on the car, I'd stick with liquid.

Posted 16 Apr 2013, 22:25 #2 

Roverite
If you want a good colour match in easily used aerosols, try the company mentioned in my book (the 'Companion') under the know how forum. Mine are Union alloys and the colour is Silver Sparkle, code MNH.

Roverite.

Posted 18 Apr 2013, 15:25 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Have just sent a set of starspokes to powder coaters in brum and i have chosen Silver Sparkle as opposed to the liquid silver, will let you know what they turn out like when i pick them up next week, few pics below of the before condition, also some for sale on the bay cheers Arctic.

nowt to do with me and i certainly would not pay that price :shock:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370791904991? ... 2151wt_892
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Apr 2013, 21:18 #4 

Last edited by Arctic on 27 Apr 2013, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

kandyman
Cheers Arctic,

be good to see how there turn out.

I dont think that price on the bay is to much over the top, by the time you factor in buying a set of wheels and then getting them refurbed and also you get a set of wheels centers its not going to be to far from that cost.

Posted 19 Apr 2013, 11:31 #5 

JakeWilson
I'd certainly get a quote from BJV Engineering at Hemmel, as they're cheaper than that for sure! You can get the liquid silver centre caps from Rover Breakers at Nantwich.

Bargains of the century though are City Powder Coaters in Brum, they did a set for me in their take on liquid for £80

Posted 20 Apr 2013, 12:22 #6 

kandyman
JakeWilson wrote:I'd certainly get a quote from BJV Engineering at Hemmel, as they're cheaper than that for sure! You can get the liquid silver centre caps from Rover Breakers at Nantwich.

Bargains of the century though are City Powder Coaters in Brum, they did a set for me in their take on liquid for £80

City Powder coaters are a bit far for me.

BJV are on my list of guys doing good work, there not to far from me but with the dartfors tunnle and the M25 to tackle might just make them to much hassle to get to to drop off and pick up wheels.

I would be looking to get them done somewhere in Kent www.lepsons.com have a good name around these parts.

Posted 21 Apr 2013, 14:51 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
Well the Starspokes are back from City Powder Coaters in Brum, and i am more than pleased with them considering how they were when i first bought them just need to sort out the centres now which i am having a go at myself first,then they need some rubber on them ready for the summer rolling Arctic
http://www.citypowdercoating.co.uk/#!__about-us

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 24 Apr 2013, 21:30 #8 

Last edited by Arctic on 27 Apr 2013, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

kandyman
Thanks for the pictures they look good, what was the final cost ?

How have you other wheels held up that you got painted there ?

Thanks

Posted 24 Apr 2013, 22:05 #9 

MrDoodles
They've come up like new! :hail:

Posted 25 Apr 2013, 09:27 #10 

Arctic
(Trader)
MrDoodles wrote:They've come up like new! :hail:

Hi Mark
I am quite pleased with them been sorting out the centres today think i have almost matched the powder coat colour will know better tomorrow when i have let them dry off more and added the new centre badge Arctic :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 Apr 2013, 23:36 #11 

Arctic
(Trader)
kandyman wrote:Thanks for the pictures they look good, what was the final cost ?

How have you other wheels held up that you got painted there ?

Thanks

Hi Andy.
Final cost for the refurb is same as all the other i have had done £80 that is with the tyres removed already if they remove tyres and replace would have been £120, i had my straights on the MG ZT done about 12 months or more ago and if you put them side by side with these they would look as good so fairing well indeed steve

these were the serpents i had done in January turned out ok but not as good as the above ones in my opinion but i like the sparkle silver more than there take on liquid silver.

straights below at different intervals

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 25 Apr 2013, 23:59 #12 

Arctic
(Trader)
Andy
Sorry i seemed to have hyjacked your thread :em:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 26 Apr 2013, 00:23 #13 

kandyman
Arctic wrote:Andy
Sorry i seemed to have hyjacked your thread :em:

No worries,

It's all about getting wheels refurbished so helps everyone.

Thanks

Posted 26 Apr 2013, 05:39 #14 

1gp
cracking job on those rims for £80 ... Still need to get my gridspokes done...

Posted 26 Apr 2013, 21:21 #15 

Arctic
(Trader)
Well worth taking them managed to sort out the centres they look a better match in real life as we know a photo shows up more detail,i will be puting rubber on them about mid week cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 28 Apr 2013, 18:24 #16