"All you can eat" data by raistlin

raistlin
My Iphone 4 contract with 3 is drawing to a close and to be frank, their phone reception in the areas I tend to be in most, is sh*t.

Their one big bonus though is their "all you can eat" data which is a genuinely no cap data setup which is great as i use my phone as a wifi hotspot at work for several offices in the vicinity.

OK - the question - does any other company offer genuinely un-capped data please?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 Jan 2013, 19:23 #1 

JakeWilson
Don't go with o2. I've been with them for years and am leaving to go to 3 I think.

o2's unlimited data, isn't unlimited, their customer service is rubbish and their tariffs expensive.

Posted 03 Jan 2013, 19:27 #2 

raistlin
Not many alternatives then?
Paul

Posted 04 Jan 2013, 18:59 #3 

Mad-Monkey
JakeWilson wrote:Don't go with o2. I've been with them for years and am leaving to go to 3 I think.

o2's unlimited data, isn't unlimited, their customer service is rubbish and their tariffs expensive.

I found O2 quite good but never seen an unlimited data plan. I have a simplicity tariff as it works out cheaper to do that and buy phones on payg or simfree.

Im not sure who does unlimited data these days im afraid other than 3

Posted 04 Jan 2013, 20:09 #4 

raistlin
OK, problem solved.

Virgin Media and T Mobile will not allow tethering. If I stay with 3, they do, and their network coverage is set to be improved.

Now what handset?... :lol:
Paul

Posted 04 Jan 2013, 20:35 #5 

JakeWilson
My contract is up and after two disasters with Android and Windows Phone, I am back off to Apple.

3's iPhone 5 tariffs seem to also be the cheapest!

Posted 04 Jan 2013, 21:12 #6 

MrDoodles
JakeWilson wrote:My contract is up and after two disasters with Android and Windows Phone, I am back off to Apple.

3's iPhone 5 tariffs seem to also be the cheapest!

Just check the coverage with 3 where you are Jake, as it's notoriously poor in Lincolnshire! :(

Posted 04 Jan 2013, 22:03 #7 

JakeWilson
Cheers Mark, as it is I've barely got anything with o2 here anyway, but will have a check!

Posted 04 Jan 2013, 22:35 #8 

ksilver
I've tried several times to get some useful feedback on the quality of "3" coverage but it seems to be something that's just not available. Perhaps a bit like their coverage in some areas!
I believe that there are 2 types of signal broadcast I think something like high and low frequency, but only O2 and Voda broadcast on both which is why their signals tend to be better. Might be wrong though.

Posted 04 Jan 2013, 23:17 #9