Airbag badge by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
Does anyone have a part number or know if if this is available - the Rover badge in the centre of the airbag on a series 1 75? It seems to be a different size to any of the other Rover badges.

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 22:38 #1 

Ragman
Think it's part of the airbag and not available on its own

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 22:57 #2 

Tourerfogey
Have to say, after looking at the pics on Rimmers online parts list it did look that way :(

Posted 22 Dec 2010, 23:04 #3 

James.uk
It's part of the airbag... :(

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 01:35 #4 

JohnDotCom
I concur Basil, I had to replace the whole airbag because of a damaged bag.
Les at SMC normally has both new and secondhand airbags.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 09:54 #5 

Tourerfogey
In that case I shall visit a scrapyard and liberate an airbag of its badge :)

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 20:03 #6 

JohnDotCom
Careful doing that TF part of the release system and marked as a critical component.
If you can find a decent airbag complete it doesn't take 15 minutes to swap over.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 23 Dec 2010, 23:42 #7 

Tourerfogey
Mmmm, perhaps not then! :lol: :lol:

Posted 24 Dec 2010, 13:30 #8 

Zeb
What colour are you need ing Basil? I have two spare Mk1 airbags in smokestone...and a steering wheel....

Posted 24 Dec 2010, 14:46 #9 

James.uk
Awwww JDC ya spoilsport! I had visions of TF being launched into orbit clutching a badge from an airbag and screaming for help at the top of his voice ... heh heh. :lol: :D ... :o :panic: ...

Posted 24 Dec 2010, 16:59 #10 

Tourerfogey
Zeb, Smokestone is the colour I need - I only need the airbag and badge because a little while back I joined the Walnut Wheel Club.
The badge on my existing airbag has a score across it after I stupidly used it as a desk when noting something down on a piece of paper. :(

Posted 24 Dec 2010, 17:44 #11 

Zeb
Tourerfogey wrote:Zeb, Smokestone is the colour I need - I only need the airbag and badge because a little while back I joined the Walnut Wheel Club.
The badge on my existing airbag has a score across it after I stupidly used it as a desk when noting something down on a piece of paper. :(

Only one wee problem...one shouldn't put these in the post....explosive y'see... :D We'll have to organise a meet... :D

Posted 24 Dec 2010, 19:53 #12 

Dave Goody
James.uk wrote:Awwww JDC ya spoilsport! I had visions of TF being launched into orbit clutching a badge from an airbag and screaming for help at the top of his voice ... heh heh. :lol: :D ... :o :panic: ...

I heard he went into orbit screaming "Do you know anything about air bags"? and passed a guy screaming "Do you know anything about gas cookers"? :D

Posted 26 Dec 2010, 15:02 #13