Air Con and ventilation by stroheim

• Related topics: (no related topics)

stroheim
My Air Con stopped has working and the ventilation on econ seems to blow slightly warmed air. The Fan seems to be working so I guess I need recharging has anyone used Quick Fit as I seems to remember they do a service for about £45

Posted 08 Apr 2011, 08:45 #1 

Duncan
I've used KF a couple of times. If they regas it properly and it starts working, then fine, but don't believe a word of their guarantee 'if we don't make it colder you don't pay'. They regas it, and charge you no matter what.

Posted 08 Apr 2011, 19:04 #2 

stroheim
Hi the Rover 75/MG ventilation system doesn't seem to cope well without air con with outside temp > 18C and after taking a run with air temp of about 20c it was uncomfortable in the car so I took the plunge and went to Kwic fit and for £49 they evacuated any old gas, pressure tested and refilled the system. I am pleased with service and the car is nice and cold now

Posted 08 Apr 2011, 20:56 #3 

Zeb
They are charging £29.99 for this service over here at the mo....

Posted 09 Apr 2011, 20:15 #4 

PaulT
Duncan wrote:I've used KF a couple of times. If they regas it properly and it starts working, then fine, but don't believe a word of their guarantee 'if we don't make it colder you don't pay'. They regas it, and charge you no matter what.

Now my experience is a little different........

Normally use a local chap but could not get to him so took it in to a KwikFit.

They did the business and it was no cooler so they did not charge.

Took it to the local chap a few days later and he did a recharge but the system contained the correct refrigerant so KF had done the business.

When he finished charging it and tested it it worked fine.

His theory was that they had left it on ECON hence the compressor did not function.

It needs charging again so might take it back to the KF branch and ensure that ECON is selected.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 12 Apr 2011, 07:08 #5 

Duncan
PaulT wrote:It needs charging again so might take it back to the KF branch and ensure that ECON is selected.

Paul

Some KF do know about this: I had ECON on because the system was empty (not trying to fool them if anyone thinks that of me). They did get it working, though they didn't do the temperature check.

On another car, they put in less than they took out. Saying that it's more likely the place that had previously filled it were incompetent numpties, as they couldn't even do panels and paint properly.

Posted 13 Apr 2011, 12:39 #6