Aftermarket Heated Seats by Trebor

Trebor
I have finally done what I have been wanting to do for a few years - fit an aftermarket heated seat kit !

I have the oem seats in my 75 and have improved them by changing the stats in the seat, however they are still not brilliant, so I set about fitting an aftermarket kit in my ZT and what a difference !

Sorry didnt do a how to with pictures but the kit i bought off e bay is here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271261505927? ... 1423.l2649

You would normally pay around £40 per seat but these are less than that for 2 seats and come with all the plugs and wiring

You need to get the seat out but you dont have to take off the seat covers completely as both covers will peel back enough for you to insert the pads and you will find that the foam inserts sitting under your seat cover already have the holes to take the wiring from the pads to underneath the seat.

If you have oem heated seat wiring already present you can tap into that and still use the oem seat switches in the dash to switch them off and on which is a bonus

They also come with their own switch for low and high settings and i have mounted that on the side of the seat valance, so the set up is the oem switch powers them up and you can then adjust the setting by the side of the seat

The pads are the latest carbon elements and heat up much faster than the traditional wire ones and the heat is coming through within 30 seconds of switching them on which is a lot lot quicker than the oem ones.

I love my cars but you have to accept that things do improve over time and I would recommend that if your existing heated seats are not up to the mark then you consider buying the carbon type which are much cheaper and better than oem, and if you havent got heated seats already then consider this your next mod in time for the winter

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 09:30 #1 

Bermudan 75
Could do with a set for the rear seats on cccasion... might fit the bill.

Nice find Rob.

Cheers

Mike

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 10:06 #2 

raistlin
I'll be testing those out tomorrow if you don't mind Rob :)

How long did it take you to do the job?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 13:23 #3 

Trebor
did it with the help of Devilish, few hours but as ever a lot of time working the first one out, then much quicker on the second one
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 13:49 #4 

takestock
Needs to be a how to for this :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 17:30 #5 

Duncan
It will vary a bit depending on the pattern of the seats. Do you have contemp seats by any chance, Rob?

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 20:18 #6 

Trebor
no Monaco ZT ones, the horizontal part was a challenge but " overcomeable "

the next person to do it can be the how to i will take my camera
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 20:41 #7 

raistlin
Parts ordered Rob :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 20 Oct 2013, 18:10 #8 

Dave
Interesting reading this!

Our 75 has heated memory seats (memory upgrade courtesy of Jake) but the Ssangyong Rexton we bought recently, although it has memory, hasn't got heated - despite being advertised as such, but that's another story

I'd toyed with the idea of trying to find a heated pair, but the ones in our car are in really good condition, and I doubt I'd get anything suitable. Was looking at aftermarket last week, and I am tempted, but my main concern would be that if I start taking the seats apart, I'd probably never get them back as good as they are now, if at all!

Posted 21 Oct 2013, 12:40 #9 

paul d
Trebor wrote:no Monaco ZT ones, the horizontal part was a challenge but " overcomeable "

the next person to do it can be the how to i will take my camera

You're on Rob

Be doing mine in the next 2 weeks along with the rears as well so get your Lord Litchfield head on & well do it.

Arange a date & place by pm. Yes?

Regards

Paul

Posted 22 Oct 2013, 16:16 #10 

Cockaa
Heated rear seats hey, now there's an idea Paul ;)
I'm not quite right you know.........

Posted 22 Oct 2013, 17:36 #11 

Trebor
Thats 2 Pauls that want to do the mod so can I suggest that all 3 of us meet up and do both cars ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 22 Oct 2013, 18:39 #12 

paul d
Cockaa wrote:Heated rear seats hey, now there's an idea Paul ;)

Don't know where i got the idea Nige.

Yes you do....!!!!

Regards

Paul

Posted 22 Oct 2013, 19:02 #13 

paul d
Trebor wrote:Thats 2 Pauls that want to do the mod so can I suggest that all 3 of us meet up and do both cars ?

Sounds like a plan Rob

Will be about 2 weeks before i do mine though as i've quite a bit on untill end of next week.

You are supposed to take it easy when you retire...!! YEAH RIGHT.

Regards

Paul

Posted 22 Oct 2013, 19:06 #14 

Trebor
Im in the same boat at the minute Paul, need to fix my traction and things on at home, will speak to Paul and try and come up with a date
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 22 Oct 2013, 19:21 #15 

paul d
Trebor wrote:Im in the same boat at the minute Paul, need to fix my traction and things on at home, will speak to Paul and try and come up with a date

Fine Rob Just let me know what you come up with

Regards

Paul

Posted 22 Oct 2013, 19:27 #16