Aero wiper blades by raistlin

raistlin
I bought a set of these from fleabay 18 months ago, not expecting much for my money.

I've just replaced them. Not that they were causing problems because they are super wiper blades. I just decided to make it a regular maintenance task.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-1999-ON-FLAT-AERO-WIPER-BLADES-22-22-/310350887994?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item48425abc3a

At that price, it would be churlish not to :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Jan 2014, 12:12 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I just bought a pair of these. I have been using Bosch Aero for the last few years, just thought I'd check out the opposition. I've yet to install them as my Bosch ones are still good after 2 years. The previous pair were still pretty good after 4 years. I'm a very low mileage user though.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aero-Front-Fl ... OU:GB:3160

Posted 13 Jan 2014, 12:39 #2 

Roverite
I bought two sets over a year ago, for less than £12, and still have one set spare. They are superb, no smears and they are still working perfectly. I think the design is the key to their success; The constant arc of rubber, with, presumably, a spring steel insert, gives a fully flexible curvature. The OE blades relied on a series of hinged holders to give the flexibility needed to deal with the multi-curvature of the screen, but this is not as refined.

Roverite.

Posted 13 Jan 2014, 15:06 #3 

Bolin
Those in the link must be a loss leader at price, surely?

Posted 14 Jan 2014, 22:18 #4 

Roverite
Bolin wrote:Those in the link must be a loss leader at price, surely?

I don't think so, they have been there for some time and I didn't order anything else from them, but I agree, they do seem cheap.

Roverite.

Posted 15 Jan 2014, 12:53 #5 

raistlin
Do a damned good job though :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 15 Jan 2014, 13:30 #6