Adding cruise by PaulT

PaulT
Have got hold of the cruise interface and on off button, and already had the steering wheel controls from a wooden wheel that I bought. This will hopefully save me taking it off the old car to put it on the new - both diesel Connie SEs but the new one is a fqacelift and therefore cruise an optional extra.

Now for the questions:

1. I presume I can plug the 'new' interface in place of the one on the old car without doing anything else to check it works.

2. The new one has the steering wheel audio controls should the wiring for the cruise paddles be in place?

Thanks

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 14:08 #1 

Duncan
Won't be any old module, just plug in the new module and switch.

Steering wheel: the wires were there on mine so probably OK as well.

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 15:58 #2 

PaulT
Thanks Duncan

Question 1 - my old car has cruise so what I was asking about was unplugging the module in the old car and plugging in the one that I have just got so as to ensure that it works, then, assuming it does, unplugging it and replacing the old module in the old car.

The plan is then to install the new module in to the new car along with the switch and paddles.
Paul

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 16:01 #3 

Duncan
Get you. Yes.

Posted 31 Jan 2012, 16:21 #4 

James.uk
With a retro fit cruise, you have to press the on switch then the "resume" control to bring up the lil icon on screen.. :)After that just press "set" when you get to the speed you want.. But the resume wont do anything unless you get it "recognised" on a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System).. I haven't bothered.. :)

Posted 01 Feb 2012, 02:49 #5 

PaulT
Thanks Duncan - thought it best to know whether or not the module is functional before the actual install.

James, yes aware of that but, until I can get it on to a T4 reasoned that it was better to have somthing rather than nothing.
Paul

Posted 01 Feb 2012, 07:48 #6