Adding cruise by PaulT

PaulT
An automatic diesel car without cruise – apart from the steering wheel control what is required to convert it to cruise. Is the brake sensing switch (Hall effect switch on the pedal) the same or would this need replacing?

Thanks in advance
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 10 Jan 2012, 06:41 #1 

Duncan
On mine, I needed the cruise interface unit (Hens teeth, unlike the V6) and the steering switches, plus the dash switch. I didn't change the brake switch.

To get full functionality it also needs recoding on the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System). I haven't got round to doing mine yet!

Posted 10 Jan 2012, 07:57 #2 

PaulT
Duncan

Many thanks for both your replies.

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 10 Jan 2012, 08:27 #3 

Bermudan 75
I had mine fitted by an ex Rover dealer, they had to put the wiring in place and they also had to obtain the ZCS codes from X-Part. The cruise ECU (Engine Control Unit) also requires a mounting bracket, although I presume this is not wholly essential.

Mike

Posted 10 Jan 2012, 09:06 #4 

Dave
I got my bits from a member (who seems to not be there any more) on "The Other Side"

He supplied the ECU for £47, and threw in the mounting bracket, centre switch, and a four hole switch panel, complete with two heated seat switches and an electric blind switch! I have since bought a three hole panel (as my car is a Tourer) and sold the blind switch. If I can sell on the four hole panel, my original two hole panel and the two seat switches, the total will be more or less nothing!

I already had a steering wheel with switches btw, and all the wiring etc was already in place. BigRuss did me a T4 which gave me full functionality! :D

Posted 10 Jan 2012, 09:40 #5