Acquiring Rover 75s for club members by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
I as anyone ever thought of buying rover 75s for club members to help with the parts they need i am asking this because on other side someone seems to know that where they work they are selling a Rover 75 1.8 and seem to think it will go for only £150, if this was possible i would not mind buying this car for the club,even though i have a diesel just seems a shame the scrap man is going to get it and then charge us for the parts, but of cause there is the place it would need to be stored etc, and access to the car for members and so on suppose a stupid question. :gmc:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... 972&page=2
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 07 Jul 2011, 23:19 #1 

Zeb
The owners club already have one.......they call it OVP :)

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 06:03 #2 

Duncan
Not a stupid question at all.

I'm sure a few people have thought about it. I guess the problem is storage space. Very few will have the space, especially someweher it is acceptable to have a half dissassembled car. That's where the breakers / recyclers come in. They do have the space, and the time to strip, but then of course they need to charge for that to stay in business.

Personally, I hate to see saveable cars lost. But even if saved, what would I do? I have too many cars already, one of which I saved thirteen years ago and still haven't put back on the road.

On the other hand, if I did have the space, and I did buy one for spares, I'd want something back for the time and effort, so then I'd become the scrap man people were having to pay.

It's also worth remembering, that the things that go wrong are pretty much the same on all cars. So an old car is unlikely to be the source of suspension springs, cooling fan motors, VIS (Variable Intake System) valves (yes I know not 1.8), fuel pumps and so on.

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 07:07 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Ahh well just a thought shame to see it go to metal micky knew it was going to be difficult :gmc: :em:, think i may look for a little yard or lock in the wolves area sometime later this year and think about having a good clear out of my shed and my sons garage as hes moaning his own gargare is not is own no more :lol: Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 08 Jul 2011, 09:44 #4