abs light on, by chris143nbt

chris143nbt
hi,
back to a subject that's been covered alot, but a little confused, my abs light comes on with ignition and stays on constantly, most people say there's go out after static test, but mine doesn't do that, am i right in thinking that it points to possibly water in electrics or bad connections, i've checked wiring to front sensors and all seems fine. oh an there's no problem with speedo or anything not working. the brakes all work fine, no grinding or pulsing or any funny noises. anyone got any ideas what could cause my light to be on...

Posted 23 Feb 2014, 15:09 #1 

takestock
As I understand it the light comes on and the ABS (Antilock Braking System) unit self tests, if the unit passes the test it goes out. It then comes on again whilst the sensors are tested and if they pass it goes out.

May be worth removing the battery and battery box to have a look at the connections on the abs unit :) Don't forget to follow correct shut down procedures and have any radio codes you may need :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 23 Feb 2014, 18:12 #2 

chris143nbt
hi,
thanks takestock i'll have a look at that connector tomorrow weather permitting, you mention about following correct shut down procedures, as a novice can you please enlighten me as i don't want to pull battery out and then find out i've not done something i should have......... :oops:

Posted 23 Feb 2014, 19:49 #3 

takestock
If you have the original built in hiline/sat nav you need to take the keys out of the ignition and open the boot and make sure the red light has gone out on the sat nav drive ( R/H side of the boot) Takes a couple of mins usually. Only then is it recommended to disconnect the battery.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 23 Feb 2014, 21:44 #4