a thought on meets by baconbuttyman

baconbuttyman
are the two sites going to the same meets, i mean some are going to the fathersday rally and i guess members from both sites, do you rekon the other channel will frown on this, if its not an "official club meet" so to speak, :confused: :confused:
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 20:27 #1 

takestock
baconbuttyman wrote:are the two sites going to the same meets, i mean some are going to the fathersday rally and i guess members from both sites, do you rekon the other channel will frown on this, if its not an "official club meet" so to speak, :confused: :confused:

Cannot see a problem here, we are all still the same people, any meet posted "elsewhere" that i am attending i will attempt to run a list on here as well :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 20:29 #2 

JohnDotCom
Cannot see a problem with this.
I am going to the Yorkie meet tomorrow and my presence hasn't been refused yet. :ugeek:
I am after all the same JohnDotCom which ever way you look at it, no I'm afraid I haven't improved. :gmc:

Will just have a different window sticker on the back of car. :D :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 20:36 #3 

baconbuttyman
ooh ooh is there a grill bagde for this site too, if not WHY NOT :Tongue:
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 20:46 #4 

Thomas 75 connie
You just like trying out the new smiliees don't you mick :gmc:

Posted 04 Jun 2010, 21:55 #5 

baconbuttyman
Thomas 75 connie wrote:You just like trying out the new smiliees don't you mick :gmc:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :window: :Tongue: :iagree: :4: :2: :mad1: :rolling:

certainly not, I am a little more grown up than that :spam:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 15:19 #6 

windrush
Looking into the future I can not see any National meets at the owners club now that the main organizers have been banned and as before the local meets will be arranged by the members and not the club

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 16:15 #7 

JohnDotCom
the local meets will be arranged by the members and not the club

....and may I say what a good job they do to.
I have had the pleasure of attending the Yorkie meet today and the Nano meet a couple of weeks a go.
The atmosphere and friendship is really excellent and I think any making them "Official" will ruin them.
They are arranged by very caring members for.........members.

But long term here who knows....... ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 16:20 #8 

Thomas 75 connie
baconbuttyman wrote:
Thomas 75 connie wrote:You just like trying out the new smiliees don't you mick :gmc:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :window: :Tongue: :iagree: :4: :2: :mad1: :rolling:

Now that genuinly made me laugh :D

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 19:06 #9 

Simondi
baconbuttyman wrote:ooh ooh is there a grill bagde for this site too, if not WHY NOT :Tongue:

I hope there will be, I'm a bit lobsisded at the moment.
My front grill I mean :2:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 19:19 #10 

Simondi
baconbuttyman wrote:

:oops:

You missed one :angry:

I hope theis won't be :censored: for deliberate :spam:
:Tongue:

Posted 05 Jun 2010, 19:21 #11 

wide load
A meet is just a meet, I do VW shows and there are dozens of clubs turn up, same with the Scooter meets. You can have things like inter club Tug-o-war, or best turned out club prizes, best club display or furthest travelled member trophies the possibilities are endless. Or we could all ignore each other, but that's not very productive is it?

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 08:45 #12 

Trebor
i organise a fair few meets and want to reach as many owners as possible so intend to post dates on both forums until someone tells me otherwise, i must admit though that running 2 lists will not be ideal but we will have to see how it goes in practice.

In theory we could have an owner put his name down on both lists but with different usernames so one attendee can be mistaken for two, so we will have to remember, for now at least, both user names and a real name which should be fun when meeting owners " hadnt you used to be........." " Yes and i still am but you can call me............"
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 09:10 #13 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Trebor wrote:i organise a fair few meets and want to reach as many owners as possible so intend to post dates on both forums until someone tells me otherwise, i must admit though that running 2 lists will not be ideal but we will have to see how it goes in practice.

In theory we could have an owner put his name down on both lists but with different usernames so one attendee can be mistaken for two, so we will have to remember, for now at least, both user names and a real name which should be fun when meeting owners " hadnt you used to be........." " Yes and i still am but you can call me............"

I'm sure we can work it out to everybody's advantage Rob. As we mostly all know each other by first names, good idea to include in lists for meet. I quite like the AKA business as well, if using different names on different forums. :) Just adds a bit more to the fun. You'll never hear from us that you can't cross post to the Owners Club forum or any other forum. It's about the members and the cars, wherever they choose to spend their time.

Mick AKA Grey Ghost AKA GG AKA mmcomputing AKA MM and a few others. :D :D

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 11:43 #14 

DeuxGazoles
Mick wrote:

Who's this fella? :confused:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 12:15 #15 

takestock
DeuxGazoles wrote:
Mick wrote:

Who's this fella? :confused:

it's that short grumpy geeza that used to tell you off on some forum or other :gmc:
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 12:35 #16 

DeuxGazoles
takestock wrote:it's that short grumpy geeza that used to tell you off on some forum or other :gmc:

Oh yes I remember him :P
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 12:37 #17 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I'm still short and getting shorter with age.

Not so grumpy any more. I wonder why? :nurse:

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 15:16 #18 

starbug2
well i am a rover 75 owner and will attend car meets of folk with like mind :cheers: with or with pies and hope to continue to do so as it is nice to have a bit of a life out side of work :angry: :panic: :panic: :angry: and to meet with you lot :clap:

Posted 06 Jun 2010, 20:15 #19