A shift in MG Rover Owners Club management by baconbuttyman

baconbuttyman
Hi guys
I would like to announce that Poppy is no longer a member of the MG Rover Owners Club team,
I would like to thank her for the tireless effort she has placed into this
club,
Thankyou Poppy and i mean that

With that in mind, an opening has arisen,
Lee has stepped into Poppy's shoes as Admin and Wullie480 has stepped up to
Lead moderator,
I would like to say that i have made some changes to the lay out of the
club, some areas have gone and a rearrangement has been made, come and
check it out
www.mgr-forums.com
Mick
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 01 Jun 2014, 09:26 #1 

Colvert
Poppy turned out to be a guy called Terry Beck. He said he used the name Poppy because it got more response than a mans name. Went on for years until he finally confessed in a post on Facebook.

Bit embarrassing for some of his followers who made saucy suggestions and even hinted at marriage.

After the confession the new forum he started, mgrover.co collapsed in a heap and no longer functions.

Life is a funny old thing sometimes.

Colvert.

Posted 09 Oct 2015, 19:05 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Mick.
You have a PM cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Dec 2015, 10:41 #3 

Colvert
I'll let Mick know, just in case he misses your post Mr Arctic.

Posted 18 May 2016, 12:15 #4 

Last edited by Colvert on 19 Oct 2016, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.

Arctic
(Trader)
Colvert wrote:I'll let Mick know, just in case he misses your post Mr Artic.

He Answered me it was about the same thing, about poppy we knew in early 2012 the she/he was impersonating as a woman, my pm to him was regarding this then 2015 :lol:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 May 2016, 14:55 #5 

PaulT
Steve, you need to look at Colverts avatar
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 18 May 2016, 17:45 #6 

Arctic
(Trader)
PaulT wrote:Steve, you need to look at Colverts avatar

Hi Paul.
Thank you ;)yes I saw that problem is he isn't,( as the advert goe's 11 got his number ) I am to laid back for annoyance, and am always willing to help those that need it most :twisted: I am sure it helps when he may need to keep occupied :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 May 2016, 19:41 #7 

WillyHeckaslike
Arctic wrote:We knew in early 2012 the she/he was impersonating as a woman. :lol:
Lol indeed. Just had my attention drawn to this so in reverse order and just out of interest, who is "we" and can you be more specific as to when in 2012 - a month perhaps? :confused:

Posted 15 Aug 2016, 17:18 #8 

Arctic
(Trader)
WillyHeckaslike wrote:
Arctic wrote:We knew in early 2012 the she/he was impersonating as a woman. :lol:
Lol indeed. Just had my attention drawn to this so in reverse order and just out of interest, who is "we" and can you be more specific as to when in 2012 - a month perhaps? :confused:

I am not able to pin down the month but we are a few members on the OC club also the Staffordshire Bull terrier club that my wife was a member of, she was the one that alerted me, as to the fact the person was indeed a male, can not say much more than that to be honest.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 15 Aug 2016, 18:26 #9 

WillyHeckaslike
I'm not aware that she posted anything on the oc that would lead to anyone forming the opinion which you mention and in the absence of anything more specific I'm afraid to say that a quick search there has drawn a blank. Although you mention the oc maybe the few that you refer to are/were all members of the same dog club as your wife where it seems that a misunderstanding could have taken place? :-?

I do know that Pops and her father were running their own dog site and I can see how a misunderstanding might have occurred given that it is by no means uncommon for team members on a site to have access to more than one account and even shared accounts in some instances. These type of accounts tend to be set up for both practical and test purposes and for the conduct of site business, it is therefore possible that Pop's or her father was using a shared account to post on their site's behalf when your wife saw whatever she did? If not then maybe a simple slip of the mind by one of them as to which account was still being used after using a shared account for site business - it does happen and we all make mistakes lol. :em:

Were it not for the name Poppy I doubt if this would be being discussed as I have lost count of the number of times that I have witnessed members of the same family posting from the same account without an eyelid being batted. It has happened on a number of sites that I have frequented, the oc being one of them, and it seems to be tolerated providing that it is not done to cause trouble and strife. In posting this I assume that no harm was intended or caused to the dog site that you refer to. :confused:

Posted 17 Aug 2016, 15:23 #10 

Colvert

My AVATAR is meant as a JOKE. I actually pinched it off FLYER originally.

I liked it because my forum name---COLVERT----means MALLARD DUCK in FRANCE

I also keep mallard ducks as pets. The oldest being 8 years old. Brought up from day old ducklings they are extremely friendly and enjoy gardening with you. They love eating bugs and things. Yuk.

There is NO sinister meaning to be read into it. ( Paul T ... Think again. Lol. A conclusion drawn from very little evidence. One Avatar. !!! ) Bet you think that I'm a mad bad biker now.

Remember--------Honi Soit qui Mal y Pense.

Translation. Evil to him who thinks Evil of it.

Posted 24 Sep 2016, 13:51 #11 

Last edited by Colvert on 19 Oct 2016, 09:47, edited 2 times in total.

Colvert
Arctic wrote:

Hi Paul.
Thank you ;)yes I saw that. problem is he isn't,( as the advert goe's 11 got his number ) I am to laid back for annoyance, and am always willing to help those that need it most :twisted: I am sure it helps when he may need to keep occupied :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Arctic, you're a gent.

My mission in life has ALWAYS been to help others. It seems to have been a family trait as my father was exactly the same. He would give his last few pence to others if he felt it would help them.
Of my many thousands of forum posts on a number of sites I visit 95% have been to offer help and very few on just idle chat.
I see no point in growing old and learning many things along the way if you don't use that knowledge to help others who need it.

I see that you do the same when YOU offer advice to others.

Good on you and may you long continue to do so.

Colvert.

Posted 24 Sep 2016, 14:03 #12 

Last edited by Colvert on 06 Dec 2016, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

WillyHeckaslike
Colvert wrote:Thanks for that Artic, you're a gent.
Unlike Pops. ;)

Posted 30 Sep 2016, 12:19 #13 

Colvert
WillyHeckaslike wrote:
Colvert wrote:Thanks for that Artic, you're a gent.
Unlike Pops. ;)

Not really.
I used to quite LIKE Pops.

And her PM's to me.

Posted 19 Oct 2016, 09:50 #14 

WillyHeckaslike
Pops was very generous with her time and I know that MartynP thought a lot of her, a chatterbox is how he once described her. She helped many people and even gave items to some for free when most would have charged for them, very much from the same mould as Jamesuk with respect to that. And she was one of your best friends and supporters when as some of us will recall you encountered the hill of difficulty on .org. :scared:

Posted 20 Oct 2016, 05:03 #15 

Colvert
Poppy turned out to be a 54 year old bloke who pretended to be female so that he could chat up other blokes !!!!----Got away with it for over EIGHT years before he got found out. Has since disappeared without trace due to embarrassment I guess.

Posted 26 Apr 2020, 21:30 #16