A chill out section? by Zeb (Page 1 of 2)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Chill Out Room?

Yes
43%
No
No votes
The whole Social forum is already pretty chilled out.
57%

Total votes : 21

Zeb
Yes. I am seriously asking for a chill out room, ambient music, dimmed lighting and cushions all over the floor For this bunch of hooliga.......er for those of us who would just like a nice comfy spot to 'be'....a small-talk over a pint section....somewhere where we can plop down, pint or glass of whatever in hand and just be sociable...about anything or even nothing at all.Edit: see the 'Social Forum' tends to be specific general interest topics....whereas this would be somewhere one can go to avoid discussions, opinions, grumbles, questions....somewhere to go to escape all that..(nice though it often is at times natch). Could it support a whole forum full of threads? Or just one long thread, which it is at the moment......don't know the answer to that but the best way to find out is to ask everyone whether they'd like such an establishment...a community centre (pub?) for the er community.... so, anybody want to help me convince Mick & Co. (oops shouldn't use that expression.. :lol: ) that this is one of Zeb's better ideas.....or is it gonna die a death like wot my poetry thred done did do.... :hissyfit: ...

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 11:54 #1 

Last edited by Zeb on 02 Jul 2010, 12:09, edited 3 times in total.

raistlin
As did my movie quotes thread :(

Anyway, yes, I'll have some of that :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 11:55 #2 

JohnDotCom
The movie quote thread fell asleep I believe as some of the "regulars" went away.
Perhaps it needs waking up again.

A chill-out room, mmmmm, most of the threads get a bit that way but see no reason why not,
the background music could be a bit of a problem due to tastes but plenty of virtual drink will be available which would suit me fine when working next day.

Didn't know much Poetry I must admit. :em:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:03 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
You can do voting now. :)

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:08 #4 

Zeb
Mick wrote:You can do voting now. :)

Now I hope you aren't nicking ideas from next door Mick....that'd be too norty....anyone'd think this place catered for its members or summat....you'll have to watch that. :lol:

I'll put a poll up......oh, it's ok...my 'valet' has already seen to it.... :gmc:

And yes, the whole forum IS very chilled out....just wanted something where nobody has any expectations that you'll say owt sensible....if you see what I mean? Some of us need places like this...otherwise we can just launch into Shakespeare without so much as a by-your-leave in the social forum. :confused:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:11 #5 

Last edited by Zeb on 02 Jul 2010, 12:15, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:
Mick wrote:You can do voting now. :)

I'll put a poll up...

Just be careful where you put it. :nurse:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:13 #6 

zojosc
Will there be a virtual microwave in the corner of the chill room for warming up the pies? if not I cant see many of this lot attending much. :panic:
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:13 #7 

Mick
(Site Admin)
zojosc wrote:Will there be a virtual microwave in the corner of the chill room for warming up the pies? if not I cant see many of this lot attending much. :panic:

Proper Pie warmer, none of this soggy pastry microwave nonsense. Col would never forgive us and we do need something to spend the donations on. :D

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:16 #8 

Zeb
zojosc wrote:Will there be a virtual microwave in the corner of the chill room for warming up the pies? if not I cant see many of this lot attending much. :panic:

I'd vote for something like that Zojosc! (See, in a chill out section I'd end that post back there....whereas here I am FORCED to add 'where are the Cotsolds mate?....You SEE what it can lead to? :? )

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:18 #9 

Last edited by Zeb on 02 Jul 2010, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:

I'd vote for something like that Zojosc! (See, in a chill out section I'd end that post back there....whereas here I am FORCED to add 'where are the Cotsolds mate?....You SEE what it can lead to? :? )

If only I knew what you were on about. :confused:

Is this chill out place going to be like a Samoan Pub? :oops: Wrong thread. :D

Edit:- I know the Cotsolds, next door to Bedordshire

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:20 #10 

zojosc
Mick wrote:

Proper Pie warmer, none of this soggy pastry microwave nonsense. Col would never forgive us and we do need something to spend the donations on. :D

Surely them pie warmer thingies radiate heat that would no doubt warm up the chill room ending with occupants getting hot under the collar and so defeating the wonderful idea that Zeb has been working on since Gawd :confused: knows when!
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:22 #11 

Zeb
Edited my previous post in the interests of clarity, transparency and openness... :)

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:23 #12 

Zeb
zojosc wrote:
Mick wrote:

Surely them pie warmer thingies radiate heat that would no doubt warm up the chill room ending with occupants getting hot under the collar and so defeating the wonderful idea that Zeb has been working on since Gawd :confused: knows when!

Not if it is a triple 'A' rated one...they warm the pies and not the room...

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:24 #13 

zojosc
Zeb wrote:
zojosc wrote:
Mick wrote:

Not if it is a triple 'A' rated one...they warm the pies and not the room...

Was'nt someone on here waiting for a triple "A" van to arrive a while back?
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:26 #14 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I've had an idea, we could park a caravan out the back and use that for accommodating the chilling out of.

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:27 #15 

Zeb
Mick wrote:I've had an idea, we could park a fibreglass shed out the back and use that for accommodating the chilling out of.

Would that be in keeping with the Community's high standards? :?: :arrow: :shock:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:35 #16 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:
Mick wrote:I've had an idea, we could park a fibreglass shed out the back and use that for accommodating the chilling out of.

Would that be in keeping with the Community's high standards? :?: :arrow: :shock:

Standards? .......... We have standards? ............. I don't know, turn your back for a moment and all hell breaks loose. :clap:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:38 #17 

Zeb
Mick wrote:
Zeb wrote:

Standards? .......... We have standards? ............. I don't know, turn your back for a moment and all hell breaks loose. :clap:

Well, we wouldn't want the members thinking they'd been sold....er given for free...a pup (or a club sticker) now would we? :gmc:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:40 #18 

zojosc
Zeb wrote:

If we are going to start having standards I'm off! :gmc:
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:42 #19 

Last edited by zojosc on 02 Jul 2010, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

DeuxGazoles
Oooh no a microwave just simply wouldn't do...........those things should all be banished to a scrap heap along with those portable telphone thingies :hissyfit:

No I agree with Mick on this a pie warmer would be a far better solution but we also need a big fridge to keep the Henry Weston's nice & cool :thumbsup: I'll speak to Econofreeze in Morpeth & see if I can get a deal :D
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 12:42 #20