75 & ZT Enthusiasts by Zeb (Page 1 of 5)

Zeb
Are you REALLY passionate about your car?
Plan to keep it as long as possible?
Want to be involved in preserving the marque
long term in a practical, hands-on environment?
Then this might be the place for you....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 02 Jul 2012, 19:00 #1 

RhodieBill
Seems to be a lot of clubs for the 75 & ZT now???

All well and good, but isn't a bit like putting too much water in the Whiskey?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 02 Jul 2012, 20:42 #2 

Zeb
Go see....you may find that this is summat a bit different...

Posted 02 Jul 2012, 20:51 #3 

Duncan
Personally I don't think it is. It's not another one of the same, the aim is quite different to the others and goes alongside. As far as I know it's not meant to be competition for this or any other club / forum. Just a group of enthusiasts with long term survival of the cars in mind. Kind of an extension to what exists already. At least that's my take on it. I think the aims will become clearer very soon.

Posted 02 Jul 2012, 20:51 #4 

RichardGarner
Yes there are now many. But his one offers that little bit extra :-D It's well worth a look and lets not foget it's working with and not against the other establishments. :)

Posted 02 Jul 2012, 21:04 #5 

RhodieBill
Calm down, calm down. It was just an observation, not a judgement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 02 Jul 2012, 23:20 #6 

zojosc
This was probably set up to give Tourerfogey a bolt hole when all other sites have excluded him! :-D
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 05:43 #7 

RhodieBill
Have to say that although I did register, (which was lengthy) I still cannot login?
Regards, Bill

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 12:28 #8 

Last edited by RhodieBill on 03 Jul 2012, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

Tourerfogey
zojosc wrote:This was probably set up to give Tourerfogey a bolt hole when all other sites have excluded him! :-D

:clap: :clap: :clap: I already have too many personas and passwords to grapple with and remembering which site to log onto with which ISP is a nightmare . . .

Actually, why does the stats page on that site state that there are 3633 posts and 496 topics when obviously there aren't? :?:

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 12:33 #9 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I believe all registrations are manually vetted, unlike the automated system here. Many forums manage new members in that way. The Owners club being a prime example. As soon as one of the team have seen the registration if you are deemed not a spammer or undesirable your registration will be validated.

You're not a spammer or undesirable, sweety :lol: So just give it a little time for your registration to be processed.

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 12:39 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Tourerfogey wrote:
zojosc wrote:This was probably set up to give Tourerfogey a bolt hole when all other sites have excluded him! :-D

:clap: :clap: :clap: I already have too many personas and passwords to grapple with and remembering which site to log onto with which ISP is a nightmare . . .

Actually, why does the stats page on that site state that there are 3633 posts and 496 topics when obviously there aren't? :?:

When setting up a site of that nature, where many people are involved, the admin forum which is a private forum will be a hive of activity, this activity shows in the stats, this may also give an indication of how much work, effort and some compromise has gone into it. I can assure you the stats quoted are accurate.

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 12:45 #11 

RhodieBill
Mick wrote:I believe all registrations are manually vetted, unlike the automated system here. Many forums manage new members in that way. The Owners club being a prime example. As soon as one of the team have seen the registration if you are deemed not a spammer or undesirable your registration will be validated.

You're not a spammer or undesirable, sweety :lol: So just give it a little time for your registration to be processed.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case...
Regards, Bill

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 12:50 #12 

Tourerfogey
Learning all the time :D

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 12:51 #13 

Zeb
RhodieBill wrote:Have to say that although I did register, (which was lengthy) I still cannot login?

Hi Bill.... this is because the Register you filled in is a joining requirement but you still need to register to the forum via here... www.forums.75-zt.com Hope that helps!

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 13:39 #14 

RhodieBill
Zeb wrote:
RhodieBill wrote:Have to say that although I did register, (which was lengthy) I still cannot login?

Hi Bill.... this is because the Register you filled in is a joining requirement but you still need to register to the forum via here... http://www.forums.75-zt.com Hope that helps!

Yes, thanks....

All done.
Regards, Bill

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 16:14 #15 

starbug2
i tried to log in via the desk top as i had signed up on the lap top and i've forgot/miss wrote my log in :hissyfit: :gmc: Oops getting old you know i don't understand all this .....

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 16:41 #16 

baconbuttyman
only quibble i have is i cant use baconbuttyman, too many letters, so registered under springsteen, but any way, good luck to all involved

also still awaiting activation, c'mon Zeb, what else ya got to do, wash your hair, clip yer toe nails, what?? c'mon man, hurry up :roll: :twisted: :lol:
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 20:56 #17 

JakeWilson
Hi Mick,

We go through each account manually and have to chase up those who have not completed the process fully. I'm playing catch up too as I flew back to England to launch the group, but had to return to Germany today.

Carl will be in touch shortly.

Jake

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 21:31 #18 

Tourerfogey
So we now have:

.org

The good doctor's 'Company' site

the Community

BBM's site

The new Zeb,Raistlin,Jake site - presumably there are more forums than the 2 you can see if you haven't registered?

...and I've heard whisper of a Scottish based breakaway from the Company' site

Oh, and there's also the 260's site

Isn't this all getting a little silly :confused:

Also, I can't see any mention of the 'new' site over on the good Doctor's company site - is there any reason for this? :lol:

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 21:42 #19 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I think they have all gone to :bed: You might have to wait until tomorrow for an answer.

No stamina these kids. :D

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 22:13 #20