75 & ZT Enthusiasts by Zeb (Page 4 of 5)

Zeb
Registration involves car details (not number plate) and not personal details Jumper..other than your email address that is.

It is set up that way for the reasons as outlined on the website in terms of us creating a 'Register'. It also means that people have to make a genuine effort to join rather than just being able to hop on and off as it were.It is for the committed owners...or maybe we should be for even thinking of doing this! :lol:

I would agree with your comment, if people have an issue with a particular site..tell them....or if they won't let you, then find somewhere different..like here...or our place..or both!:D

We'd be pleased to see you Jumper..:)

Posted 05 Jul 2012, 14:02 #61 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Jumper wrote:I would wish any new venture or enterprise good luck, especially one with the mind set as described. I can imagine the energy and commitment expended in planning and set up, not to mention on-going work. In my case however I would like entry to a site before registration - unfortunately not possible on this new venture. Or at least not in my case. I tried but could not get past the ’registration’ page. To me, that’s far too controlling. Smacks of a rather obvious black ball. Unless I’ve got it wrong of course, eminently possible! Best of luck though, I hope all goes well.[/quote

Mick wrote:You have it wrong. IMHO.

Jumper wrote:On another topic.
Before I joined ‘community’ I visited the site many times seeking an alternative /addition to my then existing habits. It appeared moderate (small m), measured and gentlemanly. Contributors refrained from ’slagging off’ others and there seemed a definite intent not to allow contamination from other sites to gain ground here, although there were many ’private jokes’ going way over my head which I assumed would become clear eventually. Sadly not so!

Mick wrote:There has been no change in this respect, I don't do allowing or disallowing, people are left to make up their own minds whether a subject needs airing and so far as I can see, this has been on this topic, measured, and low key, had it not been both of those things I would have asked that folk refrain. Perhaps you are here because of that mind set and your views as set out here are listened to, respected and responded to, without prejudice.

Jumper wrote: In this thread alone there have been repeated disparaging comments about another club, both general and personal, and it seems to be largely condoned. There are many members on here who also are members elsewhere and never see the need to refer to former clubs in a negative way, but the incidence of accusatory, challenging or mocking references in that direction is beginning to increase. Amazing how it spreads, isn’t there a vaccination one can take? If one must vent one’s spleen at earlier and elsewhere perceived slights, kindly write yourself a letter and avoid disembowelment here!

The personal comments, as you may have noticed, I asked that folk refrain from this as it's really not in keeping with the general adult nature of the forum. A polite request which curtailed further comment. This is not my understanding of condoning.
There have been a few instances of folk sounding off on this subject over the 2.25 years we have been operating, again curtailed by simply requesting they refrain. However, I am not in the business of telling folk what they can and cannot say, under threat of being banned or their account retired or even deleted. The freedom to relieve themselves of some pent up anguish, caused by external forces, can be a healing experience. I would venture, in most cases just knowing that freedom exists is enough. I hope in some small way this forum has helped those that have found themselves without a way of expressing their anguish to those they feel affronted by.

Additionally, as it has been so eloquently brought to my attention. I respectfully ask once again that any members that have an axe to grind with others, personal or an organisation not associated with this forum to think carefully whether it is something of value to this forum and it's members..

Posted 05 Jul 2012, 16:12 #62 

Bermudan 75
:iagree:

Well said that man.

Posted 05 Jul 2012, 22:08 #63 

carlpenn
the 2.25 years we have been operating..

Blimey it has been over 2 Years already !!
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 06 Jul 2012, 22:15 #64 

Chartermark
Mick wrote:I respectfully ask once again that any members that have an axe to grind with others, personal or an organisation not associated with this forum to think carefully whether it is something of value to this forum and it's members..

I concur absolutely. Anyway to read someone else's gripes, without humour (let off for Grumpy Old Men), is akin on the stimulation scale to viewing their holiday photo's

Posted 07 Jul 2012, 20:43 #65 

nick nick
Zeb wrote:Registration involves car details (not number plate)

I beg to differ there Zeb the form i filled in last night asked for my number plate.....weather that was
optional im not sure as i just filled everything in as a matter of course but it does ask for your reg
LIFE IS A BED OF ROSES....BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE PRICKS

Posted 08 Jul 2012, 06:52 #66 

Zeb
Hi Nick Nick. Me bad! It is there and it IS optional - I should have made that clearer above and actually it could be clearer on the form too...so I will ask Jake to update it.

Did you also register on the forum log-in page? Lots of people are forgetting to do this after they have filled in the form on the front page - or they do it the other way around and don't fill in the form on the front end! (We are trying to find a way to make it easier to ensure people do both!)

Posted 08 Jul 2012, 07:18 #67 

Jürgen
IIRC the non-optional fields have been marked with a small red star.

Posted 08 Jul 2012, 10:14 #68 

Zeb
Yes....but it is quite small and easily missed perhaps!

Posted 08 Jul 2012, 10:35 #69 

Dave
We've now added "(this is an optional field)" under the car registration heading! :mrgreen:

Posted 08 Jul 2012, 10:56 #70 

nick nick
Zeb wrote:Hi Nick Nick. Me bad! It is there and it IS optional - I should have made that clearer above and actually it could be clearer on the form too...so I will ask Jake to update it.

Did you also register on the forum log-in page? Lots of people are forgetting to do this after they have filled in the form on the front page - or they do it the other way around and don't fill in the form on the front end! (We are trying to find a way to make it easier to ensure people do both!)

Hi Zeb yes i did register but i thought i was to receive an email confirming registration....Bu i was
talking to Lee (Big Lec) at the metro centre meet today and it looks like i have missed something... i will try again
LIFE IS A BED OF ROSES....BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE PRICKS

Posted 08 Jul 2012, 15:46 #71 

Dave
Nick - have you used "nick nick" as your username? Not seeing you either on the Front End or the Forum?

Posted 08 Jul 2012, 15:50 #72 

Dave
(sorry, John not Nick!)

EDIT: Now I have seen what your real name is in your profile here, I have found your logon to the Front End but it seems you've not registered on the forum. Just pop on to www.forums.75-zt.com and click on "Register"

Hope this helps!

Posted 08 Jul 2012, 15:51 #73 

Dave Goody
I filled in both forms to join but have heard nothing? Dave

Posted 27 Jul 2012, 13:25 #74 

Tourerfogey
I didn't get a confirmation email when I joined either but the account had obviously been activated 'cause I could sign in :confused:

Posted 27 Jul 2012, 13:41 #75 

Bermudan 75
*ugger ! obviously the filter to prevent undesirerables from joining did not work ! :-D

Only joking :cheers:

Posted 27 Jul 2012, 15:43 #76 

Dave
Not sure why the emails aren't getting to you? :confused:

Pretty sure they are being sent, but they could be getting filtered by your email client?

Anyway, I see you are all on anyway! :mrgreen:

Posted 27 Jul 2012, 16:28 #77 

Trebor
You forgot one TF
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 27 Jul 2012, 20:40 #78 

Borg Warner
Hi guys

Can't log on to the Enthus site. Even though I've not changed my password and am pretty sure it's being typed correctly. Anything wrong?

Gary M

Posted 14 Aug 2012, 08:11 #79 

Zeb
Site was down for a while last night...should be ok now though? I will go see....

Posted 14 Aug 2012, 08:32 #80