75 & ZT Enthusiasts by Zeb (Page 2 of 5)

stevemac
Tourerfogey wrote:So we now have:

.org
The good doctor's 'Company' site
the Community
BBM's site
The new Zeb,Raistlin,Jake site
and I've heard whisper of a Scottish based breakaway from the Company' site
Oh, and there's also the 260's site

Isn't this all getting a little silly :confused:

Also, I can't see any mention of the 'new' site over on the good Doctor's company site - is there any reason for this? :lol:

Actually its a perfectly natural process. Its all to do with the Second Law of Thermodynamics and Entropy. Structured things (low Entropy) will always break down into things with high Entropy (unstructured) or chaos. This will only stop when it reaches a point where the smallest particle no longer reacts to any others or in other words when everyone has there own forum of which they are the only member. Interestingly, that is the point when Time will stop. All perfectly natural.
Steve
People call me average, but I think that's mean!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 22:19 #21 

johnny the fox
stevemac wrote:

.org
the Community
BBM's site

Also, I can't see any mention of the 'new' site over on the good Doctor's company site - is there any reason for this? :lol:

Actually its a perfectly natural process. Its all to do with the Second Law of Thermodynamics and Entropy. Structured things (low Entropy) will always break down into things with high Entropy (unstructured) or chaos. This will only stop when it reaches a point where the smallest particle no longer reacts to any others or in other words when everyone has there own forum of which they are the only member. Interestingly, that is the point when Time will stop. All perfectly natural.

The new Scottish forum is not a whisper it is a reality, started up by Yella Fella (Glenn), supposed to be affiliated with the 'club' but for Scottish members to arrange their own meets etc as they felt they were being left out due to most events happening down south so to speak.

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 22:33 #22 

Mofo
stevemac wrote:

.org
the Community
BBM's site

Entropy can kiss my arse.

Structured? even funnier.

To each their own.

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 22:45 #23 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I do like a bit of pseudo scientific waffle, makes entertaining reading. :) Must have been all those years reading science fiction.

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 22:55 #24 

Zeb
I once co-wrote a film script (which was made into a film too!) called 'Entropia'...

It starred Gemma(?) Redgrave.....

Complete bollards...:)

Posted 03 Jul 2012, 22:56 #25 

Tourerfogey
Zeb wrote:I once co-wrote a film script (which was made into a film too!) called 'Entropia'...

Carl - You're turning into 'Christopher'!!!! You posted and totally avoided the question(s) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 07:17 #26 

stevemac
Zeb wrote:

Yes, I can imagine.
The point is, well, what is the point? The people listed in the team are all good people, some I don't know very well and one I consider a good mate. However, they are all members of this community site and (probably) members of the club site. So what is brought to the table that is not adequately catered for by this and the other forum. If you don't like the idea of paying into a limited company and the benefits thereof (capital to have badges etc, have a stand at a proper car show) then the free community site and its softly softly moderation is the one for you. I am a member of both and defend the idea of both to either side who sometimes "have a go".

If you take away the rhetoric of the site being an "enthusiasts" site (aren't they all) along with any technical knowledge, social element, meet organisation and sales, which really are all covered by the other two sites then what is left. I suppose what is left IS the point of the new site, I'm just asking what that is.

I spend about 75% of my time on the "club" site and the rest on the "community" site, only because I find the club site easier to use (but that's just me) and when I go on this site a lot of the posts have been duplicated. I am sure that if I started at this site the ratio would swap around. The point is that whilst I'm sure the intention is not to dilute the other forums membership and it probably won't in actual numbers because you can be a member of multiple forums (should that be fori?) but it will dilute the usage as people will settle on one forum, whichever one suits them best and just "pop in" to the others occasionally.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 07:21 #27 

Zeb
Tourerfogey wrote:
Zeb wrote:I once co-wrote a film script (which was made into a film too!) called 'Entropia'...

Carl - You're turning into 'Christopher'!!!! You posted and totally avoided the question(s) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Norratall... I was responding to the Entropy thingy and
Went off at a tangent... Is it getting silly? My answer can
only be subjective. What I would say is that we have set this up
With a very clear and specific purpose and we are doing something
that nobody else is doing. It is up to other people to make their
own judgement as to its value. :)

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 07:27 #28 

Tourerfogey
Don't get me wrong - I wish you every success but can't really see how your site differs from the rest - and as for the forums - are there others that you can only see if you register?

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 07:31 #29 

Zeb
Thank you Steve. Our 'point' is perfectly clear if you would but read the website properly. Long term conservation and the 'knitting together' of the folk and the groups who wish to directly and practically facilitate that. It isn't a social platform and it isn't simply an owners resource. It is a conservation group.

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 07:35 #30 

Zeb
The forum is a 'closed forum' Basil so yes plenty more to see and do...

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 07:37 #31 

Tourerfogey
You make it all sound so secretive, elitist and idealistic . . .

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 07:41 #32 

baconbuttyman
with out going to the trouble of quoting Steve mac, I see the importance of this move by the 'new team' in the enthusiasts site, no messing, no trading, no soscial scene it all about the cars, yes it's set up on as a ltd company in the same ilk as the OC, but it's a donation system, no two tiers of members, I firmly believe the good doctor is deluded about the whole thing, he cant see the e?pire is in trouble nor can reebs, they stick their noses in the air and carry on as normal, what this new place brings to my table and that is important, whet the new place brings to an individuals table, is this, expert advise on our cars, yes advise is available on the OC but I think it's a given that the advise on the OC is not as good as here and soon to be on the new site, the whole way the new place is set up is the way the OC should be run, I for one hopes the OC is surpassed by the enthusiasts and becomes the new OC,
To se our club merchandise, click here http://www.mgr-forums.com/index.php/shopping

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 07:51 #33 

stevemac
baconbuttyman wrote:, yes advise is available on the OC but I think it's a given that the advise on the OC is not as good as here and soon to be on the new site, the whole way the new place is set up is the way the OC should be run, I for one hopes the OC is surpassed by the enthusiasts and becomes the new OC,

Members of here who generously give advice on the other forum may well disagree.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 07:58 #34 

stevemac
Zeb wrote:Thank you Steve. Our 'point' is perfectly clear if you would but read the website properly. Long term conservation and the 'knitting together' of the folk and the groups who wish to directly and practically facilitate that. It isn't a social platform and it isn't simply an owners resource. It is a conservation group.

In that case I wish you luck. Finding the resources to buy up early cars for restoration and conservation is going to be a challenge. Restoration and conservation of already owned cars is, of course, the prime goals of the Community and the Club forums.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 08:04 #35 

Zeb
To be absolutely clear. What we are doing is NOT intended to be divisive. It is intending to be the exact opposite. We have said on our site and I say again here we are trying to make this work for all the groups interested in the cars and we have put in a lot of effort to make that happen. We still have a way to go and we are doing our best to address any concerns along the way. Elitist? Secretive? Idealistic? Well, yes, maybe it could be described as 'elitist' because we are not there for all sections of owners, we are there for the peeps who have a genuine interest in seeing the marque last well into the future and who are willing to help make that happen. Secretive? Because it is a closed forum? Then why would we advertise the Group here? and elsewhere? It is only 'secretive' because it is not on public view. Just the same as the 260s...on which, in some ways, you might say we are modelled. Idealistic? We hope that we are! We really would not have put ourselves through months of work and aggravation if we did not think we could do something in a way that we feel comfortable and happy with.

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 08:10 #36 

Tourerfogey
To be absolutely clear.

Another 'Christopherism' :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist that!

Carl, as I say I wish you every success however your 'group' develops :)

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 08:16 #37 

Zeb
stevemac wrote:In that case I wish you luck. Finding the resources to buy up early cars for restoration and conservation is going to be a challenge. Restoration and conservation of already owned cars is, of course, the prime goals of the Community and the Club forums.

That is not what needs doing at this stage Steve, we all feel the challenge is somewhat greater than that! It'll be a learning experience, it'll be hard work, but most importantly it'll be fun.

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 08:31 #38 

Zeb
Thanks for the good wishes Basil. ;)

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 08:31 #39 

stevemac
Zeb wrote:To be absolutely clear. What we are doing is NOT intended to be divisive.

Of that Karl I have no doubt, but intentions are ofter completely at odds with outcomes. Just my opinion and I really would like you to proved me wrong but, so far, what I have described is what has happened in the end.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted 04 Jul 2012, 08:32 #40