75 drivers by persuer

persuer
Only a quick observation but why when I wave to other 75 drivers do they look back at me like I may have escaped from the local mental hospital :D.

By the way the Hospital know I'm out :)

Posted 12 Aug 2012, 19:57 #1 

Borg Warner
When I'm in my B I get the "Wave" from other (real) MGers and also other classic car owners. Did have a B wave at me in my ZT last year.

The modern ones tend not to bother sadly.

Gary M

Posted 12 Aug 2012, 20:19 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Something in the order of 90% of 75 owners have no interest other than as transport, don't frequent these forums and so may well view you as a loony. Keep at it and you'll get a return someday.
I only acknowledge Mk1 ZT's and usually get a wave back. Mk2 drivers give strange looks so I gave up on them.

Posted 12 Aug 2012, 20:23 #3 

Zeb
Mick wrote:Mk2 drivers give strange looks so I gave up on them.

It's all down to just what you decide to wave at them Mick...:-D

Posted 12 Aug 2012, 20:53 #4 

Tourerfogey
I just doff me cap . . .

Posted 12 Aug 2012, 22:44 #5 

zojosc
Tourerfogey wrote:I just doff me cap . . .

O that was you! I thought someone was showing me their new hair transplant
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 13 Aug 2012, 12:45 #6 

RhodieBill
I can honestly say that I do look at the driver's faces as I drive past and I have yet to actually see one even glance in my direction! So I don't wave, but I would if waved at first!
Although when I used to drive around in my MR2 quite often waves were exchanged!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 13 Aug 2012, 14:34 #7 

Bermudan 75
I have flashed at other 75 drivers, my case comes before the magistrates court next month :em:

Posted 13 Aug 2012, 17:17 #8 

Tourerfogey
Rover418275 wrote:I have flashed at other 75 drivers, my case comes before the magistrates court next month :em:

I'm sure Paul will tell us all about it :lol: :lol:

Posted 13 Aug 2012, 18:01 #9 

RhodieBill
Rover418275 wrote:I have flashed at other 75 drivers, my case comes before the magistrates court next month :em:

LOL....... :clap:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards, Bill

Posted 13 Aug 2012, 20:20 #10 

starbug2
i often wave at other but not really had much back

Posted 13 Aug 2012, 20:24 #11 

MrDoodles
The cars aren't rare enough yet, for other drivers to realise why your waving! ;)

Posted 14 Aug 2012, 07:55 #12 

pob06
Must admit I wave too, but no reply.... maybe I should take the straight jacket off :0)
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 14 Aug 2012, 13:04 #13 

carlpenn
I have waved a few times to other 75 / zt owners and got a response :)

But I get the biggest response from MGf owners when out in the MGf :D

Borg Warner: When I'm in my B I get the "Wave" from other (real) MGers and also other classic car owners

What? You mean there are Fake MG's out there????? lol :P
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 15 Aug 2012, 07:33 #14 

Tourerfogey
RE 'real MGs'

That expression always make me smile and when someone uses it I always ask what they mean by a 'real' MG - most reply something along the lines of 'an MGB or an MGA, not a slightly modifed Austin or Rover rebadged as an MG like a Montego or 25/45/75' They go a little quiet when I point out that the first MG was actually 'just' a modified Morris with an MG badge. . .

Posted 15 Aug 2012, 13:35 #15 

Borg Warner
Likewise when people say that MG stands for Morris Garages. I generally direct it to my bro who has a very nice MGF 160 although deep down he wants a B. A good colleague at work asks me how the Rover is; I counter by asking him how his JagFord is? X-type.

This months EMG magazine has an article on a 1950's Magnette ZA aka a Wolseley. Gorgeous, for sale too.

Is it a little like saying that the first Spitfire was a seaplane??

Just taken my "real" MG in for investigations on a broken piston ring. Seriously think its a ring gone as compression is down on number 4. Blast just as we were getting settled in to the new place and the weather seemed to be holding too. Oh well least I have my pretend MG lol.

When it's back I'll get some piccies up.

Posted 15 Aug 2012, 15:19 #16 

Wheelnut
Other drivers wave at me all the time, well I think it's a wave, strange they only use one finger?
Have a trip down memory lane!
On our website
http://www.pastreunited.com/.

Posted 05 Sep 2012, 11:00 #17 

Gate Keeper
I was in Tunbridge Wells yesterday and spotted a funeral cortège of Mark 2 funeral cars. The undertaker waved back and one out of 3 other 75 drivers in the locality returned the compliment.

Posted 18 Sep 2012, 13:42 #18