75 CDT Tourer 52 PLate by carlpenn

carlpenn
I am in a quandary with my old Tourer. I have two choices, sell as spares and repair or break it up.

So I am offering it here first.

Its White Gold (GMN), with 173k.

Connoisseur Spec with Electric Memory seats fitted from my old V6 Conny SE.

Now, The Clutch is slipping, so needs a new clutch. There is a member on the other club offering a Clutch for £30 with a slave cylinder as teh ones he removed from his car are "almost new" I am happy to buy these from him, pick them up at my cost. All it needs then is for a member to fit them to teh Tourer.

The interior on teh Tourer is Ash Grey with a ZT Trim, so seats are a 75 and everything else, Door cards, Console etc are from a ZT. The only downside to the trim is a small hole in the rear seat pad. I was going to get this fixed by an upholsterer, but the Saloon purchase put paid to that.

There is a Wood Dash, not plastic but Plastic dash will be given with sale.

I recently purchased a Rear Bumper, Front Bumper, Front O/S Headlamp and Rear O/S Taillight from a Breaker and fitted to car (Rear Bumper not fitted as the Bolts are too tight to remove and I never got round to taking them off). Also fitted a Tailgate glass with a working heater element, the old Glass is with the car too.

I have had fitted two new wishbone Bushes and drop links to the front of the car for its last MOT - The Current MOT expires in July, there is no Tax as I sent that back for a refund and to SORN the car. ALso for MOT was new Brake pads all round.

It had Service stamps upto around 125k (I need to check that) then I have serviced it twice since 158k when I bought it.

It has had a new cooling fan from Arctic, new undertray bolts (Arctic again) and Viton rings (Arctic yet again) PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) Filter changed too.

I have taken the Unions off and put the Crowns on from my Saloon, as teh Unions had new tyres on. Two Crowns have great tread, almost new tyres. Two are past the limit and need new tyres.

Now in the need of complete honesty here is the only real bad point:

The car had a rear O/S knock. This means the Car needs the rear Quarter panel pulling straight. The Car had been "repaired" to a basic standard but not 100%. As it stands, it isn't overly noticeable, unless you really look at it. I had been quoted between £250 and £300 for repairing at a local bodyshop.

I will be removing the Instrument Cluster (IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German))) and stalk for my Car but will give my current Instrument Cluster to teh Buyer (If there is one) also the Walnut Steering wheel will be removed, so a Steering wheel will need to be sourced (I can give you my Neptune blue one as I intend to fit the Walnut wheel to my Current car) It also has an FBH (Fuel burning heater.) and a very recent Battery and a Towbar fitted, Though I am not 100% sure if the electrics are ok - Never used the Towbar.

Also fitted two new "L" Trim Panels in teh Loadspace area, bought from SMC Trading. It also had a Starter Motor repair kit added when I bought it

It could be a great little workhorse for someone, or a nice little project to tidy up and have a good little tourer.

I am looking for £400 with the aforementioned purchase of the Clutch and slave from the member on the other club. Viewing is welcomed so you can hear and see the Car run, but bear in mind it is not legal to test drive, but I can honestly say, besides the slipping clutch, the Car drove fantastic whilst we have owned it.

I would love someone to rescue this Car, rather than it go to scrap, it has been a great motor to me and my family.....

I will add Pictures later today as its dark outside now, being 2 am lol........
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 02 Apr 2013, 00:54 #1 

carlpenn
PROVISIONALLY SOLD.
Upgrades:

Posted 02 Apr 2013, 14:53 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Carl.
Was the tourer saved in the end :thumbsup: and do we have a new member in the fold Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Apr 2013, 08:54 #3 

carlpenn
Arctic wrote:HI Carl.
Was the tourer saved in the end :thumbsup: and do we have a new member in the fold Arctic.

Car hasn't gone yet, it was provisionally sold to a Member here and on the other club. Haven't heard back from them yet though? :D

It is being bought for a Project, so I can only assume it will return to the Roads once in the Members hands :D :D
Upgrades:

Posted 09 Apr 2013, 09:02 #4