50 MPG at a Steady 30 Mph over 3 miles. by carlpenn

carlpenn
I took the Tourer out on Saturday and was very impressed to see that along a straight 3 Mile run at 30Mph I got a nice 50Mpg out of it, This was from standstill at Traffic lights where I reset the Trip computer to "0" on each of the required options and pulled away keeping the Rpm's under 2000 on each Gear.

Proof that driving like a Sunday driver isn't just an annoyance, but in fact very Fuel efficient :D
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 09 Apr 2012, 16:59 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
carl
The screen reading is not all it seems best to do a brim to brim to make sure but if you are getting that wow it takes my diesel at least 6 miles to reach temp ? Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 09 Apr 2012, 19:43 #2 

carlpenn
Arctic wrote:carl
The screen reading is not all it seems best to do a brim to brim to make sure but if you are getting that wow it takes my diesel at least 6 miles to reach temp ? Arctic.

Car was already warm, I had been driving for a while. What I did was once at temp, I drove the 3 mile straight, well there was a few mini roundabouts but you get the idea :p

I have driven this straight many times before and usually only got a max of 46 Mpg but after the Service, I have noted a great improvement in Drive.

While the Screen may not be accurate, I would say that my Car is probably hitting the Handbook Mpg for Urban Roads, on a decent straight run. Hit traffic and it all changes lol, but thats life. I had read somewhere that driving below 2000 Rpm gives better Mpg so I wanted to put it to teh Test :D
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 09 Apr 2012, 19:50 #3 

Mofo
I know people continually slate the onboard MPG, but I find mine is actually pretty accurate. I'm happy to believe my display, it matches what I have worked out over the past year quite well.

Posted 09 Apr 2012, 20:15 #4 

PaulT
Arctic wrote:carl

That's a fast warm up....mine takes a bit longer than that.

As for the message centre mph mine reads about 2.5mpg low. You can alter the accuracy using the diagnostic tool.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 10 Apr 2012, 06:21 #5 

James.uk
>>>it takes my diesel at least 6 miles to reach temp ? Arctic.<<<

??? From a cold start my CDTi auto gets up to temp in approx a mile (town driving) and easily gets up to temp after 3 miles on an Mway.. I do have a working FBH (Fuel burning heater.) though.. :D (on original thermo at 161k miles)... :)

Posted 12 Apr 2012, 02:23 #6 

ceedy
carlpenn wrote:I took the Tourer out on Saturday and was very impressed to see that along a straight 3 Mile run at 30Mph I got a nice 50Mpg out of it, This was from standstill at Traffic lights where I reset the Trip computer to "0" on each of the required options and pulled away keeping the Rpm's under 2000 on each Gear.

Proof that driving like a Sunday driver isn't just an annoyance, but in fact very Fuel efficient :D

If I do a reset at a junction and floor it I can get about 7.2 mpg ..

in my Auto ! ;) :-o :oops: :whump:
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 17 Apr 2012, 15:18 #7 

James.uk
>>>along a straight 3 Mile run at 30Mph I got a nice 50Mpg<<<

That would be impossible in my auto, coz at 30 it only just gets into 4th gear.. lol...

Posted 18 Apr 2012, 17:46 #8