2008 CDTi Tourer for £10,990 by doublekite

doublekite
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... ?logcode=p

Lovely car, just what I want, but ouch! Priced too high, even at 25k miles.

Wonder what the history is...pre facelift with 08 plate?

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 18:58 #1 

Tourerfogey
In terms of what you actually get for your money compared to what you could get elsewhere for the same amount the car is probably worth it.

However to warrant spending that much the car would have to be a long term keeper. My guess is it will actually go for quite a bit less.

Yes, would be interesting to know the story behind a pre-facelift on an 08 plate.

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 19:09 #2 

DeuxGazoles
It's probably just another one of the Bermudans ie the ones that went & came back so they are no newer than the last Mk1 but weren't registered until 08 which was the last opportunity for them to be registered "new" due to regulations concerning the Euro rating of the engine
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 19 Jun 2010, 19:12 #3 

Bermudan 75
If any one wants info on the Bermudan cars, just ask. I have one as does jonned30 and yellowperil (other side), All of us think we got a bargain. An awful lot of car for the price of a used Vectra. :unionflag:

Posted 21 Jun 2010, 21:40 #4 

Bartonrover
is that a light oak steering wheel with a walnut dash - or am I mistaken?

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 06:57 #5 

PaulT
Rover418275 wrote:If any one wants info on the Bermudan cars, just ask. I have one as does jonned30 and yellowperil (other side), All of us think we got a bargain. An awful lot of car for the price of a used Vectra. :unionflag:

Does not the yellowperil also inhabit this site at times?
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 18:18 #6 

James.uk
I don't think this car is worth any more than any other 2004 Mk1 of similar spec and mileage. And that makes it HUGELY overpriced!. :confused: :rolling:

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 23:55 #7 

Samarkand
Very nice looking car. For those interested spot the banner behind the car (about the MG6)

Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 09:56 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
They'll have to drop the price to out that one quick. Having it and an MG6 on the forecourt at the same time will just make the MG6 look a little sad. IMHO. :D :D

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 10:15 #9 

FRESHKID
At £11000 pounds its not bad for a 08 reistration vehicle, Take SMG rover they have 6 brand new ones for £13000 and above......i must admit though they are the new shape mark rover 75's and MGZT's models.

These new/late registered MGR products are great for long term onwership and built very well. my 2002 tourer which now on 166000 miles, on every thing the factory placed on her is still going strong so these handful beauties on 08 plates is great. I have just checked out Dave cooper story on our site
www.St1ng.com
under st1ng tv and Dave coopers black conny cdt is going great after his first 3000 miles with no problems, so these new old stock are still fantastic value.

Martin.
ROVER THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!

Posted 24 Jun 2010, 17:25 #10 

Tourerfogey
I have to admit to being ever so slightly tempted - not to use it but just to park it in my garage for the next 20 years . . . and then pehaps use it . . .

Posted 24 Jun 2010, 17:47 #11 

Zeb
Tourerfogey wrote:I have to admit to being ever so slightly tempted - not to use it but just to park it in my garage for the next 20 years . . . and then pehaps use it . . .

Or, park it in your garage until the 1.8 goes 'pop'..... :shock: :D

Posted 24 Jun 2010, 17:52 #12 

Tourerfogey
Zeb wrote:
Tourerfogey wrote:I have to admit to being ever so slightly tempted - not to use it but just to park it in my garage for the next 20 years . . . and then pehaps use it . . .

Or, park it in your garage until the 1.8 goes 'pop'..... :shock: :D

As you know Zeb, my 1.8 has already gone 'pop' once . . .

Posted 24 Jun 2010, 17:58 #13