2003-53 reg. club cdti by Jaygee

Jaygee
Hi..
I have just bought a Jaguar xj8 and am looking to sell my Club CDTI he is on a 53 reg and has only 37500 miles on him with service history...

not in bad condition except he has a tiny dent in top of each front wing (2in total) where a hanging basket blew off the carport and across the bonnet i have been told by a bodywork chap that they should pop out OK but i am an old fart and can not bend well enough to remove wheel arch liners .

I am mentioning the car on this site to ask if anyone can give me an idea of his worth before i advertise him for sale ..
he is in white gold with a walnut steering wheel..

regards John
Member No: 155 Image

Posted 08 Mar 2013, 19:00 #1 

itschad1954
HI John
I kinda figured you might want to advertise your car on this site, must be a few bodies out there that would consider buying your car. As for price, as it has low miles and hopefully a good history I believe you'd get somewhere around the £3000. mark. Of course condition will be a factor too. Seen a few on Autotrader around the same mileage same year for £3500. People seem to want diesels, especially with low miles. Good luck with your Jaguar mate. Of course the only downside is that now you'll have to find a decent Jaguar club on line. Good luck mate, enjoy your Jag, a fine car, I used to drive Jags years ago for work, ride to my mind is unrivalled.

Posted 10 Mar 2013, 08:08 #2 

Roverite
itschad1954 wrote:HI John
I kinda figured you might want to advertise your car on this site, must be a few bodies out there that would consider buying your car. As for price, as it has low miles and hopefully a good history I believe you'd get somewhere around the £3000. mark. Of course condition will be a factor too. Seen a few on Autotrader around the same mileage same year for £3500. People seem to want diesels, especially with low miles. Good luck with your Jaguar mate. Of course the only downside is that now you'll have to find a decent Jaguar club on line. Good luck mate, enjoy your Jag, a fine car, I used to drive Jags years ago for work, ride to my mind is unrivalled.

I agree; couldn't you post some pictures and a full description on here. I am sure that many members will be interested, or know somebody that is. At least with members of this club you will be dealing with genuine enthusiasts and not Tom, Dick and Harry, plus the usual 'tyre kickers'. Give it a try on here first, you have nothing to lose and I am sure you would rather it went to an enthusiast.

Roverite.

Posted 11 Mar 2013, 14:27 #3 

Jaygee
i only have a couple of photo's that were taken back end of last year and am waiting for warmer weather to get him clean enough to take some more..

to be quite honest i do not expect top price as he is in need of a little TLC i am to old and inflexible for washing cars and he is not being used at present so i cant even put him through a car wash so he is a bit grubby...
He has always got what was needed which has not been much (needed i mean) and has only done approx 400miles since his MOT last June .. he had a new alternator fitted in 2012 and pcv filter changed in 2013 also he has 17" after market alloys fitted and an EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) bypass..i also have the original 15" wheels and tyres and EGR available. car is taxed till 31 December 2013 and tested till 4 July 2013
the supplying garage had car for 4months then 1 owner then i bought it in July 2007
service stamps are as follows..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Member No: 155 Image

Posted 11 Mar 2013, 14:41 #4 

Roverite
This looks like a good buy for someone. If I was nearer and had the room, I would have it. I think you are being very fair with your comments and a member in your area would be wise to check it out. Good luck with the sale.

Roverite.

Posted 12 Mar 2013, 10:00 #5