2002 2.0 litre for £6k??? by Bartonrover

Bartonrover
Assuming the mileage is correct then this looks a nice car to own - but over £6k and the reserve not met??? It's not a diesel and not even a Cowley car! :confused: (If I didn't know bidding on your own items was illegal on Ebay I'd be a bit suspicious).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-ROVER-75-CONNOISSEUR-SE-BLUE-/150450567036?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item23078d777c

Still good luck to him/her - it's probably a good buy even at that.

I did email him about the cambelt service - apparently no record of it being done because it's not needed yet... :roll: So the lucky purchaser (if, if) may have some major expense in the near future. The seller has changed the description from saying it has a BMW engine but the description is hardly correct given it is a Longbridge car.

(makes the sub £3k paid for a 2001 V6 Connie with 21,000 on the clock and ALL the toys, look a snip!)

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 16:36 #1 

MrB
Hmmmm Most of the bids made by 3 people, does look suspiciously like his friends are bidding it up for him???

Still, as you say, good luck to him.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 16:39 #2 

kevin
"With a 2 Litre quad cam BMW manual engine . "
its a one off,

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 18:02 #3 

PaulT
I often think how much people will spend on a holiday and after a couple of weeks it is gone and merely memories and photos exist.

For two or three holidays you can have a very low mileage car - which will last a lot longer than the holidays.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 18:07 #4 

James.uk
I think the bids are being taken "out of thin air" but a car's worth what you can get for it. :)

My valuation for a 2002 manual 2litre V6 petrol engine would be around £1,600 , just add what you think a low mileage one is worth above and beyond an average car.. :confused:

Posted 07 Jun 2010, 19:35 #5 

Bartonrover
James.uk wrote:I think the bids are being taken "out of thin air" but a car's worth what you can get for it. :)

My valuation for a 2002 manual 2litre V6 petrol engine would be around £1,600 , just add what you think a low mileage one is worth above and beyond an average car.. :confused:

Given the cost of servicing etc, I'd say such a low mileage example, if genuine of course, is worth at least £1,000 - £2,000 extra - just think of the cost of a new clutch. I have said it before, more like this will occasionally turn up - Rovers tended to be bought by elderly gents like me and for whatever reason, we alls top driving some day....But at £6,400 and still not reaching the reserve, this is beginning to look a bit bizarre. Presumably he will not have to pay Ebay any extra though, assuming it does not reach its reserve?!

But those cambelts will need doing!

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 08:39 #6 

RRobson
he means '2.0L rover engine' does seem a little suspicious, but they may be genuine collectors, it does look to have everything. and james value is spot on really. the same bidders may just be him under a different username, but the winning bidder is currently bidding on another mg/rover car so may really want it...
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 09:56 #7 

iga
Well, auction ended at £6,405.03 and reserve still not met! Can't imagine it would be worth more than about £2,500 - not like its loaded with the most sought after options either - still 15" crowns, no sat nav, xenons or powerfolds. Unless someone really wants a mismatched leather and wood steering wheel of course...

Posted 08 Jun 2010, 23:18 #8