2.5 V6 Auto Japanese Launch Spec + Lotsa bits by carlpenn

carlpenn
Well, the Skoda is on its way, so now time to pop an ad up for the Rover.

I appreciate its Christmas but I am not in a major rush, however, the Tax and MOT run out in February, so wise to get it up now for some airtime.

However, the Interior is currently my old ZT Trim as I removed the Neptune Blue to give it a good clean, something I never actually got round to doing :(

Basically the Spec is as follows:

2001 "Y" Plate - Built in 2000 - Japanese Launch Specced
Connoisseur in Wedgwood Blue, Cowley built.
Neptune Blue Leather with Memory Position Seats.
Cruise Control
Traction control
Rear Electric Blind
Heated Seats
Powerfold Mirrors
Sunroof
H/K Setup

All of which work.
114k on the Clock.

There is a bucket load of extras too, Walnut Steering Wheel, Dash Clocks with Computer and Stalk. Powerfold mirror Worm Gears (from trebor), Walnut Handbrake Grip, Stainless Steel slam panel Bolts, Warning Triangle from the O/C with a MG/Rover Badged Case etc. The ZT Trim is included too and I would recommend that you swap the Seat Covers over (This was my intention) as the Drivers seat cushion on the Neptune Seat was a little "flat".

The Car also recently had £400 worth of Suspension replaced, namely:

2 x Sachs Front Shocks
2 x Sachs Front Springs
2 x OEM Strut Mounts + Bearings
2 x OEM Rover Droplinks
2 x OEM Rover upper Spring isolators
2 x OEM Upper Bump Stops

Included with the Car is the Seancar DD Unit and its original Head Unit, so your choice to fit or keep DD. The DD has wiring for the TV Unit etc, I just never fitted the TV Set up. There is a Socket needed for the Aerial though which I never got round to buying. Nav SD and Music SD Card included (Music one will be formatted)

Bad Points:

O/S Rear Wishbone Bush will need replacing
Airbag DCU needs replacing
Rear Eye level Brake Lamp fell off (Needs Bonding back)

I am also including in this Sale a bundle of Tools, such as Spring Compressors, Axle Stands, Specific sized Sockets (Such as for the Stub Axle Nuts etc) as I shall not be needing them as well as any other Tools that where bought Specifically for Jobs.

I will keep updating as I make a list of what is included, basically I have this week off work to tidy up my stuff etc. I will add some pictures as and when I take them too.

This would make an excellent Project Car with not a lot of work to do.

I have no idea as to what to ask pricewise, So I figured with all that's included £800 ONO for a quick sale :shrug: ?

You Tube Vid: (Sorry its sideways on but wont upload the correct way)

Note: The Bumper is missing the Plastic Wing to Bumper Clip, the Bonnet and upper Pillar are two Stone Chips that have rusted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKquu_tTQyc
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 08 Dec 2013, 11:17 #1 

Last edited by carlpenn on 08 Dec 2013, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

Mick
(Site Admin)
Might I suggest you post the pictures here. Prospective buyers may not be inclined to join another forum just to see them.

Posted 08 Dec 2013, 12:03 #2 

carlpenn
Mick wrote:Might I suggest you post the pictures here. Prospective buyers may not be inclined to join another forum just to see them.

My Bad, forgot the Link is in a "Members Only" section on the Enthusiasts.

Currently getting more Pictures. Photobucket is a Pig to work with lately so slow going. Plus got to sort out all my stuff too.
Upgrades:

Posted 08 Dec 2013, 12:27 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thanks Carl. :thumbsup:

Posted 08 Dec 2013, 12:37 #4 

raistlin
Very nice motor Carl. I would even have considered buying it... except that it doesn't have a full chrome grille :lol:

Best of luck with the sale mate :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 08 Dec 2013, 15:54 #5 

carlpenn
raistlin wrote:Very nice motor Carl. I would even have considered buying it... except that it doesn't have a full chrome grille :lol:

Best of luck with the sale mate :)

lol :p :D

Added a Youtube Vid - Though no matter how I upload it on any site, it ends up sideways on ????? :(
Upgrades:

Posted 08 Dec 2013, 16:35 #6 

carlpenn
Had a think about it and figured to drop Price to a more affordable £650. That does still include the Car, Extra trim, DD Unit and Accessories etc.
Upgrades:

Posted 09 Dec 2013, 21:38 #7 

Duncan
Unfortunately, I'm severely banned from buying any more cars. Apparently six is excessive.

Posted 09 Dec 2013, 21:45 #8 

carlpenn
Duncan wrote:Unfortunately, I'm severely banned from buying any more cars. Apparently six is excessive.

I just spat wine all over my keyboard reading that Duncan :P

Hope all is well with you :)
Upgrades:

Posted 09 Dec 2013, 21:51 #9 

Duncan
Thanks, Carl. Yes all is well, apart from work taking too much time. Mind you it's an interesting and challenging job, so I'm very much not bored. I just need to get organised more so I can spend more time doing Rover stuff.

Posted 09 Dec 2013, 21:58 #10 

carlpenn
The Car is now Provisionally Sold :)
Upgrades:

Posted 13 Dec 2013, 16:25 #11 

Duncan
carlpenn wrote:The Car is now Provisionally Sold :)

Excellent, and really bad all at the same time.

Posted 13 Dec 2013, 21:07 #12 

carlpenn
Duncan wrote:
carlpenn wrote:The Car is now Provisionally Sold :)

Excellent, and really bad all at the same time.

It is going to another Member of the O/C so not such a bad thing, their intention is to "Do it up" so all good.

We signed all the Paperwork for the Skoda yesterday Tina is collecting it Wednesday, so the new Era begins for us, so to speak :)
Upgrades:

Posted 15 Dec 2013, 19:41 #13